Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oct 27, 2014 Letter and Picture

Hello family!
Thanks for all the updates and support as always! I love you lots! We
are doing great. :) And we have seen miracles here in our area, and
have seen how the Lord truly is preparing people to receive this
gospel.
G is doing super well. He came to church and has read the Book of
Mormon and is just very excited. I love it. He is so cool. Also he
lives in mansion. His house is so huge. He is a funny guy and excited
about learning more. I just love how well he understands things. He
read 3 Nephi 18 and we asked what he learned and he siad, "We need to
go to church so we can partake of the sacrament and remember Jesus
Christ and His sacrifice." He's the best.
One family I didn't tell you about last week is R and her
kids. They were actually a referral from the mission doctor, Hermana
Meza. Yesterday was there 3rd time in church and the kids even
participated in the Primary program. They are so excited. Her kids are
J (15), K (8) and E (6). We can only see them on Monday
evenings because of their busy schedule, but they are so wonderful.
Last week K and E had drawn us a picture while they were
waiting for us. They are so sweet, and very smart too. The husband,
R, is also fairly interested, and asks lots of questions. But he
works on Sundays and can't make it to church. They are a wonderful
family and I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach them.
Having lessons with a member present is always an adventure. 
 
This week a brother in the ward introduced us to his neighbor, S who is
pretty receptive. The lesson was going well, and as I was explaining
about Joseph Smith, and about to share the First Vision, the member
totally interrupts me and starts teaching it. I was kinda shocked and
didn't really know what to do. He started reading out of Joseph Smith
- History, which is a much longer version of the clear and simple part
we normally share as missionaries... When he finished we tried to
gain control of the lesson again. Silvia really does want to be
baptized, and accepted a baptismal date for November 28th, and came to
church yesterday. :)
Mission life is so full of ups and downs and funny experience and
spiritual experiences and tough experiences. It's the best thing ever
and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know that this Church is true.
I know that our Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us and I
know that we can pray to Him at any time and He will always listen. I
am so grateful for the knowledge and I want to share it with others,
which is why I want to work hard and give everything to the Lord and
His work is this short time I have to serve him!
Thanks so much for everything! Les quiero mucho!
Con amor,
Hermana Loveland
 
P.S. Here is the picture of A's baptism that I never sent. :)