Hello family!
How are you? Thanks for the letters and support as always! I hope Claire had a great birthday!
It has been a crazy week! But a really good one!
On Tuesday we had a zone training with our zone leaders. They are incredible missionaries and wonderful examples. I learned a lot.
Mom, you were asking about what some of the trials are as missionaries, one of the biggest ones is when investigators don't come to church! We have everything planned out, they have rides, they commit to come and are excited, and then on Sunday morning, nothing. Sometimes they don't answer the phone, or they aren't home or something comes up and they can't make it. And if they can't make it to church, that impedes their progress towards their baptism and it is a tough thing for us. That's how yesterday was. We only had one investigator there, who was G. We were excited to see him and grateful he came, but we were hoping to see many more. But we keep working and try to better next week.
Speaking of G, his baptism is planned for this week and he is doing well. We'll have to follow up with the Word of Wisdom and make sure he's ready, but I think so.
R and family are doing all right. We were able to see a huge miracle and a brother in the ward has "connections" to help get them married fast, but it turns out R doesn't feel ready to get married and they felt kinda pressured about it. But we talked with Presidente Garcia and we can baptize the two kids, J and K, this week. :) They are such great kids and I am so happy for them!
Another investigator (family) is M. We have taught her and her "husband" (also not legally married, but we'll work on that :) ), and her daughter and son-in-law, I and M. I and M are married. :) They are a great family and excited about learning more. Yesterday M said the closing prayer after our lesson and started crying a little. You could tell that she felt the Spirit. She really has desires to change and draw closer to God.
V and her family are doing well. Turns out her brother-in-law that lives by them is a member! He's been less active for a while, but he wants to come back, and he was able to help them as well. They said they aren't going to work next Sunday because they want to come to church. They are also a wonderful family.
I love teaching families because I know this gospel blesses families and they can progress and prepare to be an eternal family! This gospel is so wonderful and I love this opportunity to share it!
Les quiero mucho! Que tengan una excelente semana! Con amor, Hermana Loveland
P.S. Have a great time in Hawaii, and send pictures!
Pictures made for the missionaries
With Hermana M.
A Belated Happy Birthday.