Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oct 20, 2014 Letter

It's been a pretty good week here in Paraiso. Hermana Muir is an
awesome missionary and is lots of fun. It's fun being two americanas
together, and we get some interesting comments... Some crazy guys
yelled the other day and asked if we were twins...haha. But we are
having a good time. I like the ward and the area. My legs were a
little sore at first from walking, since there are a few more hills
here than in San Luis. But I've gotten used to it and I am enjoying
it. One struggle we have is that so many people just aren't home when
we visit them, or are busy. But we don't give up and we just keep
trying other people. This weekend we were really praying and hoping
for some miracles, and we've seen a few. :)
My favorite miracle this week was G. We were walking on Saturday
and this guy pulled over and asked if we spoke English and if we could
give him directions. He was asking about who we are and was very
interested and said he wanted to come to church! He is such a funny
guy and just gets so excited. We weren't able to get a hold of him to
remind him to come to church or see if he needed a ride, but he showed
up on Sunday! He said he was driving around for awhile before he found
it. He is so awesome. He loved church even though he doesn't
understand much Spanish. We taught him (in English) and he accepted a
baptismal date for November 21st. I am so excited for him! 
This week we had our zone training, with our zone leaders which went
well. We were invited to be more consecrated to the this work, and to
leave our nets (Matthew 4:19-20). We were invited to get rid of things
in our houses that distract us from completely focusing on our purpose
as missionaries. So I'll probably sending a package home soon of
things I really don't need right now. :) I know this is an extremely
short time that I can serve the Lord as a full time missionary and I
want to do my best to give it my all and lose myself in this work.
I am praying for you all! Keep smiling and trust in the Lord no matter
what happens!
I love you!
 
Love,
Hermana Serena Loveland
 
P.S. About the pictures...my memory card seems to have a virus or
something and it won't let me send... but I'll see what I can do. :)