Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 20, 2011 Letter

Dear My Family,

I hope this email finds you all in excellent health and extreme joy!
Today, for the first time in forever, since the MTC, I lifted weights. We went to Patricks, our recent converts house. hes got a really simple bench press and some simple weights. It was great haha, I miss it. it was, however, sad to see how much strength Ive lost! Its gonna take a bit to get back into shape post mission. I gotta make some plans to get start now. I made some rough plans this morning, but I will make a final draft. My body is really needing that de-stresser. It really makes a difference. I just need to find or rather make time. That and a huge list of other things that Im not doing but should be....shoot. haha

This week was nuts. I was busy with a ton of stuff, and I think I missed the Spirit of missionary work a bit. I was distracted by my to-do list and other stuff, and wasnt opening my mouth to share with other people the blessings that I have. I really love sharing the gospel, and when I don´t, its like havent eaten all day, I lose strength and energy. Its kinda crazy. The harder I work, the more energy I have. The Lords good like that.

I was once again impressed with a recent convert this week. Cida, who was baptized a month or two ago, told me all about her desire to share the gospel! She said she was sharing it with everybody! She said she got off the bus WAY after her stop so that she could share her testimony and give a pass-a-long card to the lady sitting next to her. She also said that when the delivery man showed up with her propane, she spoke with him for awhile about the church, and gave him a pass-a-long card. She said at the end of the conversation they were both crying! The delivery guy! Also, she has prayed for got to show her who to invite to a Family Home Evening in her home. She had 40 people there! a bunch of less active members, active, and a half dozen investigators. Hallelujah. She is such an incredible example. How simple it is for us to share the gospel! we make it so complicated sometimes! I hope that I can follow her example here on the mission, and definetely after the mission. I know the Lord is so happy with her.

Fátima was baptized on Tuesday! It was awesome. President Richardson baptized her, as he was with us when we found her. It was a great service. I loved it. The water was extremely cold. Also, people from both wards were there. So rad.

I am so happy that I have the scriptures in my life. Was a sweet blessing to have the words of these great Prophets. It sounds crazy taht reading a book can bring us that much closer to God, but its true. Those aren't normal books! Another thing that I wanna do better is read more of the scriptures. I'm trying to read a bit more each day. I wanna finish the Book of Mormon soon!

Im excited for this week, we are hoping to baptized Adriana and a few of the other relatives of Ranildo. Should be a wonderful day.

Well, I love you all, I hope you guys dont ever forget that! Have a great week and keep sending me your missionary experiences as well! I love hearing those.

Love, Elder Jake