Hey Family and Friends!
Adam chose a perfect week to come home. Normally that would be considered a somewhat "trunky" bit of news, but this week, i will have zero time to think! Woohoo!
Presidente and Síster Richardson are going home this week! AHH! I have seen him say "good-bye" in many meetings, but because Ill see him this week, Ive been putting those thoughts off. It hasn't fully hit me yet. But it will, and it'll hurt. Such a great man, a great family.
During my mission, on a few occasions, President and Sister have spoken a few times on what to do to have a strong, successful family. Interestingly, everything they said, I have seen in my parents! Family nights, daily family scripture study, family prayer, frequent visits to the temple, frequent personal father-son interviews, frequent testimony bearing, time together, and the list goes on. I was touched by this. Many of my companions do not have that kind of support. Many do not have parents in the church, or active in the church. I am not sure what I did to deserve such a great family, I probably needed it a lot more than them haha. But I sure am grateful . My family rocks!
This week will be FULL of meetings. Tuesday we will have our normal meeting with President Richardson (which may be more like a party if Sister has her way haha). Wednesday, at 7:00am Presidente Tanner gets in, and as soon as he touches his foot on Brasilian soil, is the President of the mission. We will meet him and his wife and maybe have a meeting with him after his meetings w/ Pres. R. Then Pres. Richardson will take off (that's gonna hurt) and Pres Tanner is going to leave with us to work in our area! Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we will have zone conferences for everyone to meet him. Sunday we have "off". Monday we have Jedi Council. Tuesday we are back in the office for our weekly meeting with President and Sister Tanner. 7 days, 6 in meetings! Woohoo! Im gonna go crazy! Im gonna wake up early a lot this week to run and stuff so that I don't get too restless during all these meetings.
On top of this, we have a wonderful family we want to baptize on our "day off", Sunday, and a whole load of new investigators to find! We have no one for the next weeks! We have got to have some miracles this week. I am excited to see what happens.
I was really touched with the turn out for Sister E's funeral. What an incredible women. And what a wonderful community we live in! I was quite pleased by the number of teachers and others there. I an also grateful for the Plan of Salvation! How wonderful if will be to see her running about, talking up a storm again. Itll be a great day. Makes all we do as members worth it. All we do to strengthen and uplift others, inviting them to come unto Christ. Its all worth it. We will all be able to be together again! Thats why we do it. For them, and for the Lord.
Last night was a two-stake baptismal service. President spoke, and him and I were able to be testimonies for the many baptisms. It was a really cool experience. We were blessed to be able to baptize a man named Wesley! Super cool guy, rally happy, and really excited about the church. He has a little bit of Down Syndrome (did i spell that right?), but he has the mentality of a 15 yr old I think. Great guy, really happy, LOVES the church and the his friends (Patrick and Sebastião) will be a great support for him as well. He really wants to serve others. Wants to be a missionary. Another incredible soul sent from our Heavenly Father to teach and uplift us.
Well, gotta fly, Love you all! Send Adam a big ol hug. PS My comp reminds me a ton of Adam. Maybe thats way hes one my favorites. Anyways, love ya!
Love Jake