Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 5th letter - New mission president

Hey Guys,

Woohoo! This week has been crazy! I'm going crazy haha.

It was definitely hard to say good-bye to President and Sister Richardson, but because we were running around like camels with our heads cut off, it didn't really set in until I was in the subway heading to the zone conference. It was crazy. I hope very badly to see that wonderful couple agian soon. They have had such a profound impact on my life.

President and Sister Tanner are awesome. Super humble, kind and inspiring people. It has been a pleasure to get to know them. When I first met him, I wasn't really sure what to think. He´s incredibly different than Pres Richardson. I met him and I walked away thinking "I don't know about this guy because he is so different than we are used to." But I have been able to see quickly his love and his strengths and I know for sure he is what we need at this point. I really love them both.

Their first week has been an adventure for sure. Their flight got delayed, a lot. SO they got in Wednesday at midnight, went through customs, got to the mission home at two and then met with the Richardsons until 4:00am. Poor guys. Then they came to the office and had another meeting with President from 9 :30ish til 12:00 and then had a zone conference from noon til 4. And it just goes on. They are champions. They also have been with out phones, money, internet, and a map. In one of the biggest cities in the world! Their GPS isnt exactly the most accurate thing, and really gets them good and lost at times. But through all this, they just keep laughing and having a great time.

I discovered that President Tanner wrote "I love the Lord" that song we sang on the CD. Pretty pumped about that!

Yesterday we had one of the craziest meetings of my mission with President, about transfers. For three hours me and my companion just talked at him, explaining the zones and the wards and the missionaries and problems that need be resolved on the transfer and answering his questions. He is truly an inspired man. He will be an excellent President.

One thing i have enjoyed is translating for Sister Tanner. ITs fun. Im not that good yet, but I really like it. Something to look into for the future.

Through all this, unfortunately, we haven't had hardly any time to work in our area. I miss that! I want to get back to work. I hope that this week It brings such a sweet spirit into our lives! I also have not been able to study this scriptures very much, or sleep, or eat! (I think I've lost a few kilos this week haha). On top of it all, I missed church because of a baptismal interview. Oh crazy. I need a lil spiritual injection, so i think I'll bury myself in the Book of Mormon a bit this afternoon. I love that book. I feel like many times it literally is the iron rod, and its the only think that keeps me going, I just hold on tight and it drags me where I need to go.

Our wonderful family gave up :(. Right after the baptismal interviews, they drank coffee, and one of them decided to spend the night at her boyfriends house. Thats always really hard. We aren´t really sure why this all is happening. I think the Lord is trying to teach me a lot of things.

However, this week Jaqueline was baptized! She is 21 and good friends with the bishop and a few other members of the church. Super well prepared by the Lord. With each baptism we see, I realize more and more that I have very little to do with the baptisms, its the Lord that does it all. And does it much better than I could ever do.

It sounds like you had a great week! I am super proud of mom and dad for the half-marathon! Thats awesome! I showed my comp that picture of you guys at the finish line. I was pumped.

I feel like this letter is crazy and scattered, but maybe that explains best my week! It was a fantastic week, and I loved it. I kinda like crazy and scattered sometimes. But I'm excited to get back to work soon! Thats for sure! Should be almost a normal week! Just two more trips to the office i think! Oh Glory. :)

I love you all! I really hope you never forget that. Have a great week!

Love Elder Jake