Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 18, 2011 letter

Hey Guys!

This week was a great one!

We got to work a fair bit in the area and that made me pretty happy. I really love the work. This ward is incredible! I have learned SO MUCH from the leadership and members here. They have such an incredible vision of the work and how meetings should work and everything. Some of, if not the, best comittee meetings Ive ever seen on my mission, maybe my life (not sure I was looking for the same things at home). I have been taking notes of things that I would do in the future if I was ever called to a position of leadership. I love the ward! The members are super excited about the work, and ive never received so many references in my life! Its crazy awesome.

One thing that I do love about the ward is the young men. There are NINE young men woho are just finishing up their papers to serve missions. Nine! (Actually 8 ym, and one young women who is also putting her papers in and just gave us a referral of a family-o gloria). I am loving their spirit and desire to work with us. We haven't taught a single lesson without a member since I got here, and I dont think we ever will. ITs super impressive. These young men remind me a ton of Kevin, Justin, Pug, Ben and the rest of the gang back home. They also will be great missionaries!

Health. Im great! Im actually doing great. I am loving my life, im on the tail end of a cold, but i thing as of this morning its gone. So that makes me happy.

The reason being the inspiration for our transfer. Good question. There are two parts. One, the Elders who were in this ward before us were having a few challenges and needed to be transferred. Nothing serious, just needed a new area. Two, our old ward was tired of us haha. That ward has had great missionaries for over a year and a half and had really started to take it for granted. They leadership did not want growth, just wanted to "strengthen" the members they had. So, the stake president thought it would be better if we switched to this other ward, that wants and is super ready for growth. Take advantage of the great missionaries that will pass through here in the future. It was just a suggestion, but not im really grateful and feel that it was inspiration, This area is teaching me so much about life, leadership and church membership. I love it!

We live in a great house. After the cleaning, its one of my favorite houses, if not my favorite. We are actually rather spoiled because there is a great lady who lives in front and doesnt let us wash our on clothes. SHe washes em! I have never seen my shirts so clean since the day I bought them. haha sweet.

This sister in the ward fixed my suit! It left a scar, but you have to rally pay attention to notice that is not just another seem. Im pretty pumped. Its old, but I love it. Im not gonna be able to give it up before the end of the mission. Its almost a part of me.

I was praying yesterday for some motivation or something extra to help me accelerate at the end of my mission. I want to fly towards the end! I think the answer to my prayer was in those young men. 4 of them bore their testimonies yesterday about wanting to serve missions. I think i need to do my very best to show them the best missionary I can be, show them that just cause your "old" doesn't mean you have to slow down! I felt a lo t of love for those guys, Ill do my best to help them.

I love this church. I am so grateful for the blessings of being a member andbeing able to get to know and work with such great people. They teach me so much! I am also grateful for the classes and testimonies we hear every week. I lov ehow incredible the gospel is! Helps us in all parts of our lives! What a wonderful blessing! Woohoo!

I love you all too, I hope you all have an excellent week!