Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 13, 2011 letter

Hey hey hey!

You letters were awesome! Thanks! I also freezing right now. Its kinda cold today, and the guy in the Ln House decided to turn on the fan, haha. But whoa, sounds like you guys are going to be super busy!

A few things that got me pumped from your letters today: Youth football will no longer hold games on Sunday! Woohoo! I gave a lil yell when I read that. I am glad that the Ds and demais outros Mórmons set a great example for me to follow, and it paid off!

K, J, P and D walking in first at graduation! Yea! These guys are my heros. Any plans mission yet? I guess in the US you have to wait til 19, but still.

Nick is coming to São Paulo. I would love to meet with him. He is an incredible leader, would great to be able to be able to see him. Will have to talk with my nez President, but I think its probably unlikely that he would let me. But hey, I can try!

The deck is done! Yea!

The missionários brought someone to dinner! That's genius. I don't know if they´ll be in the ward when I get back, but I have have a good list of referrals in mind. And I'm super anxious to work with them, teach in the American world. Give the "France person" a big hug and tell him I get those weird looks all the time! I love missionary work.

I love my family.

Well, this week, I was taken by surprise with the great faith of our investigators. A few weeks ago we discovered that almost all of our teaching pool lived outside of our ward boundaries. Shoot.

SO this week, having already let them know they would have to switch wards, dropped the ax. We invited them all to go to this other ward, 2 recent-converts, one investigator who will be baptized this week, and 3 other investigators (All living in this other ward) . As we invited them to do this, I was impressed with how easily they accepted. They all have family and friends in our ward. However, they said they would go to the other ward! What faith! they understood it was what the Lord wanted, and did it. So sweet. I think I had a harder time with it than they did.

I went, in division, to their ward. When we got there, they was no one aside from our little band in the Priciple of the Gospel class. Quite hard to integrate when there in no0 one else! SO i called the first man I saw in the hallway and told him to grab a few members. He did, and very well. He got the Bishop, the Stake President, the elders quorum president himself), a member of the high council and his wife from the Relief Society, the Ward Mission Leader and maybe two more men.

I was so impressed! Our little band who we have grown to love much was extremely well received. I cant express my gratitude. They were recognized in Sacrament meeting, Patrick received the Holy Ghost, and they anounced Fatima's baptism. Woohoo! Then, a family invited Fatima to a FHE at their home, and the bishop marked an interview for Patrick and Sebastião. Man, I love those ward members. I am so glad, and so grateful it went so well.

We are praying and working hard to baptize a few families this month. They are great! We will hopely be able to baptize Ranildo and Ione, and one of their two daughters, Angêlica on the 26. Great family. Also their relatives who live undernealth them will hopefuly be baptized the same day! We also have Robson and Tamires! They will get marries on the 25th, and we pray be baptized on the 26th as well, Should be a wonderful day! Pray that it goes well!

I love this work. Our brothers and sisters need so badly what we have. And we have to share it! I hope and pray that I can be a great help to the missionaries when come home, as well as when Im in school, so that many others can continue to hear this fantastic message.

I love you guys!

Elder Jake