Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 13, 2011 letter

Well, Hey!

If you wanted like to hear today how this week was calmer and a more "normal", you may stop reading now. This week was insane! we had a lot of work to do with transfers and everything else!

We did a division with Elder Tyree and Elder Jakson this week, which was fun. ANd hard. I stayed in the area and was having a hard time finding people to teach. It was annoyning haha, but we worked hard. It was a normal division, just that one day of normal work before the hurricane started up again...

Saturday after the division we went to Presidents house to talk to him about transfers. We were not there to do the transfers, but to be data bases for his questions about missionaries and areas, and give suggestions when needed. it was cool to feel the Spirit and to see how revelation works with this great man. He has said various times "Information proceeds revelation". He did what was logical, and looked at it to see if it felt right. It was cool to feel a little of how he felt. Sometimes when a dupla was put together, you could just feel, in your heart and in your mind, "thats right". It made sense logically, and spiritually felt good. When all was said and done, we went home and he prayed and fasted and went to the temple to see what the Lord wanted, how he felt about it all. It was definitely a wonderful learning experience. Helped me a lot to be able to understand revelation!

Sunday we had a normal Sunday at church. I was asked to speak on the spot! I started to pray to know what to say, and then it came to me. So I spoke about my family! It was the first time I had ever done that really in a talk. I started out by introducing each one of you, and telling them a little bit about you. After that, I talked about how much I missed you. Then I asked, "how sad would it be for my family, if I was never able to come back home?" The Spirit was able to teach me at that moment how badly Heavenly Father wants all of us to go back and live with Him. And how important it is that we help others, our brothers and sisters to come home for that big thanksgiving dinner! I love how the Lord teaches me as I try to teach others.

Sunday evening we went to the office to pass the transfers. When President sent us the transfers, we went over them to see if there were any errors, and then corrected them with him. We finally got them set and started calling about 10:30. We got it all done by and were in bed (at the offices Elders apartment which is kinda like my second home) by 1:30am! Woohoo!

We got up early and went back over to the office and started organizing everything for the transfers, and the normal weekly follow-up. Whew. On top of everything else, the mission switched our cell phone provider to another company, so that was a nice stack of work on top of everything. We left the office at 9:30ish, got home at ten, to get started packing.

Yep, I got transfered! Actually, WE got transferred! ME and my companion we both transferred - together - to another ward! Its not that far, its actually one of the 4 wards that uses the same chapel as our old ward. Anywaysa, we spent the night packing and cleaning. Got to bed by 1:30am again. Super crazy.

We got up at 6:00 the next day to finish, and to leave by 7:30 to get to the office, make 16 copies of a training book for the trainers, and then we ran over to the chapel to start the new leadership training meeting! Woohoo! After that we started the Trainee meeting, which was part of the much longer Meet your Trainer meeting. Finally, we left there to go back to the office, say good bye to the group thats going home :(. Three of my companions, Elder Read, Finlinson, and Elder Perry, as well as my old roommate Elder Schmidt (along with many other great friends and missionaries). Then we went back towards our area, but before we got there, had one more meeting with the Stake President. We finally left there at 9, and were able to get a ride to our old house, get our bags, and finally, get into our new house. whew.

Our new house is great! It was a little dirty however, so we spent 4 or 4 hours this morning cleaning and organizing it, and throwing away a lot of stuff. I think as of tomorrow morning, we will be back on a normal schedule.

I have been a little sick as well haha. Sister Tanner heard me coughing and asked me what i was doing to get over it and I told her i was sleeping less than 7 hours a night and Im not eating reguarly. haha luckily she got distracted and didnt hear me :) But Now Im good :)

Hey, so Monday I ripped my suit! oh glory. I had my arms full of stuff from the office and I was standing up to get off the bus when we flew over a speed bumb at high speeds, throwing me out of my chair at and elevated rate. The arm rest conveniently was inside my suit pocket, so yea, its pretty ...pretty. I had those meetings the next day so I called up Elder Finlinson, and he gave me his old suit that he would need anymore. It aint pretty, but i like it.

Aside from all this, I love my new area! Its incredible. I dont know very many people yet, but those that I know are awesome! They are so excited abouyt the work! We are gonna have a blast here! I feel much more at home with these members then I felt in my last area. Its really a great blessing.

Well, thats pretty much my week. Super lame for the reader haha but its the best I got. Next week we will be able to talk more about the work in this great nex ward, Jardim Apurá!

I love you all! Thanks for everything!

Love, Elder Jake