Hello yo's!
Well life is pretty good here in the MTC! I am starting to really enjoy the language, as I am finally able to speak it fairly well, more or less. We have been tryin to only speak it, which is hard with the Italian Branch we are in. I made real good friends with them, especially this german. Super fly Cat. Might have to go visit him post mission haha, i really badly wanna go back to Europe!
Anyways, with the language, each night I fight myself having top translate into english when i write in my journal!(at least on the days when we do well with the goal of only speaking Portuguese)Pretty awesome if you ask me. But I am no expert on Portuguese, I still need a ton more work, my vocab and phrasing is still super limited, but I have seen a ton of improvement this week. We decided that we weren't going to talk to our friends from other districts (aka David Benson, Jon Mcquay, Sam Carlson, and T-Bev, as well as my college friends) in english. When I talk to them, I speak in portuguese, and my companion translates. I do the same for him, and I absolutely love it! As for my spelling in English mom, that will never be a good way to tell if I have beceome more immersed in the language, I am already horrible! But i think my spelling in both English and Portuguese is improving, though you may not see it in emails cuas I an super roshed! I am very pleased orrin got my letter and that he enjopyed it!
Latest on the MTC, it is SUPER PACKED. There are so many missionaries in here, its crazy! But our gym time is still sweet, very minimal people which means we get to play some good socccer every day! Our district is gettin pretty good. We played agianst the Italians and some others a few days ago. Turns out the Brazilaians play way harder and rougher thatn the Italians. The German told me in his broken English that "I play sooker like ruckby". I took that as a compliment. I play pretty hard, and try really hard not to hurt anybody, and have so far kept that goal!
As far as visas, we just were told that we have to fill out ANOTHER peice of paper work for the visas! We needed to get a police record. Luckily for me, they just check your record in Provo! Luckily for me I never got caught last year... But we had a nice long talk with the lady in the travel office, one of which is a brazilain! They told us that this should be the last thing, and as soon as they get it, and get it processed, visas will prolly come about 50 a day. Which is sweet. I am still praying to be in Brazil for Christmas, and praying for additional faith in that area. I have set a few goals, one of which is too read the entire Preach my Gospel before Christmas as well, in Portuguese! it talks a lot longer that way, but I absolutley love it! I am also reading for 20 mins a day, at least in the Portuguese Book of Mormon. A powerful resource. This will help me with my other goal to be "fluent" by Christmas. Meaning that i will be able to say what I want to, even if I have to phrase it weird. And I gotta be able to understand Protuguese, so I have also been listenin to the BOM in P as well, and it is helping listening comprehension. I dont have the priveledge of being surounded by portuguese people! I am prayin real hard that my first companion will not speak any Englishh. That'd be so legit.
Speakin of police record, i think i still need my beautiful, clean, driving record! Also, can you make sure my scooter is put inside? I have a feeling it is sitting in the back yard in the rain.
Thanksgiving, we have a huge humanitain project going down, and two general authority firesides! Should be good!This week I got an investegator!Way cool girl, met her on mormon chat. Taught her a ton obout the gospel and the Savior. It was really cool to finally get to bare testimony to someone who had never heard it. A lil nerve racking, but way cool. All in all, life is great. I am trying real hard not too stress. Im not sure why thats a problem, as it never has been in my life! It is because I am on theLords time now, and not my own, i think. But whatever it is, i need to chill! haha I am workin on it, and most of the time i am! Bye!
Sounds like the faimlily is doing super great! I am very proud, and I love you all! Tell dad to keep up the good work in California!WIsh Ross a happy birthday seeing as he wont get my letter for a day or two! Also, can i get addresses for my grandparents?
Thank you!Elder Jake!