Sunday, November 15, 2009

Voltar para rebolo!

Hey yous!

I hope the real world is treating you eople real nicely, we do live in an amazing world! I realize that more than ever as I am shut out from it. I will start out by answering some questions.

Visas. Well, Mom asked me what Ive heard offically on visas. The answer: absolutely nothing. They haven't offically told anyone anything! "Knowledge" just circulates through rumors. Lately there has been a few "legit rumors" ( or so they are called) going around that we wont leave for Brazil til febuary. They are "legit" because they came from some girl at the barbershop whose uncle has a guy in his ward that works for the church travel office, or somethin like that. Legit.....haha!

Here is what i do know! The first batch of Brazilain missionaries hit there 9 week mark! They are bein shipped out! To Georgia (atlanta) and Tennesse. And more Brazilian-bound missionaries come in each week. There are about 170 of us now, I think. With about 35 comin in on wednesday. So I have no idea where I will be for Christmas! Im just praying its not here!

As far as being welll fed. The food here is just that. Food. However I'm sure we could use it to build extra bunk beds or cabinets. It does weird things to you. haha but its food. I Am preetty dang careful with what I eat, so as to stay heathy and avoid some of the "issues" other elders have.

It is starting to rain here a bit, which is great, in a way. Its funny, the MTC has covered walk ways, so my companion walks under there, and I walk about 4 feet over in the rain. I like rain! But rain and more drastically snow means that we are shut out from the field. Which is not good!

I am doing well here, still tryin to find an out let for my energy. We are not allowed to play any games. Not sure what that means. But other thatn gym, when I usually run a ton and do some sprints, when aren't allowed to do much. Not that great. I miss being in shape. But I am having fun, and I sing a lot. That is my main outlet to get me to relax. My district keeps tellin me to try out for devotional special musiccal number, but thats not gonnna happen. I got to much to do with ye ol district and portuguese, oh and that gospel thing.

Anyways, this week was pretty good. I super enjoyed the devo on tuesday, it was William Walker. He is in charge of the temple district. He just talked about the history of latter-day temples, and talked about a ton of them, and the ones being built right now. I Loved it. I loved gettin a bit more construction in my day.

Afterwards we had our normal post devo district recap. Those are absolutely my favorite meetings each week. The spirit is so strong and all the Elders bare testimony. It is great. I bore my testimony about how fantastic my family is and that I never have to say good bye to them because of the legit gift of eternal families.It was a really great meeting.

I also talked to my branch presidents counselor, who knows my mission president very well. He said that my mission president liked to give the Elders an opportunity to go to the temple once a week! Unfortunatley the area authority told them that was too much. so now it is down to once every quarter. Still awesome.

This week I have realized more than ever how extremely blessed I am. My life is super great! I am so greatful for the home I grew up in. For the wonderful state of Oregon, and all my friends there. Grateful I got to go to BYU and meet so many amazing people who still have a fantstic influence on me! I am also extremely grateful for Diane and the rest of their family. I AM so blessed to have them in my life. I learned so much from all of them, and they continue to bless me. Not to mention I wouldn't have had the mney to be out here if it wasnt for Mitch and Jacqui who gave me the best job I've ever had! Words cannot explain how grateful I am for them. My life is really really good.

Yesterday was a rally hard day for me. I became so overwhelmed and so incredibly frustrated with myself, and I was really missing my friends and family. It was a really hard day. My teacher asked me to stay after class cause she knew something was wrong. She listened and talked to me, and told me how pleased my Savior was with my decisions. It was really great. I am so blessed to have her here, one of the bigest blessings of the MTC for me. She is a great friend to me.I am so pumped she convinced her husband to move here from Sao Paulo! (they are both brazilian). But life is good :)

I loved the temple today! It really helped me relax as I am still stressin, always worried I'm not doing what the Lord wants. But I am workin on it ;)I love you all! Talk to ya later!

Elder Jake