[Sorry - I posted this on the family blog.]
Hello Strange people in the real world!
First off, Happy Birthday Mom!I am very grateful for all you do! I will send you a letter today, but it will proly not make it by your birthday, sorry!
It sounds like everyone had a fantastic lil halloween! It was a pretty normal day here for sure, exept there was a lot of Candy sent in packages. But it made for a busy night for me cause there was some homesickness associated with this holiday. But all is good!
This week was pretty crazy. I was working with an Elder, me and the zone leaders and the president. He was thinking about going home. It is crazy how much the spirit helped me out! It was all spirit all the time. I just did what I felt and I saw wonderful blessings. It is kind of personal, so I wont share, but just know that the Lord put me in some extremely random places, places I would normally never go, and it paid off, I was able to bless some missionaries. the church is true!
Well this sunday, we split the branch! The MTC president was in our sacrament meeting and he got up, announced the split and then told us to get up and mive right then. We finished testimony meeting in a seperate room with just the new branch. This split was absolutely inspiried. The new branch presidency is fantastic. They have a sense of humor! They are full of love and enthusiam. Much more like the ferociously fantastic leaders I left in oregon city. but not quite that good. It was truely an answer to my praywers as everyone in this place just seemed so depressed! We are spreading the happiest message of all time, why we got to be all depressed and lame?!
Also this week the speakers at devotional were hilarious! They were from the mtc doing something, but out of no where humor is alive at the mtc. now i dont have to bang my head on my desk every day. This has been an amazing change, and helped me be myself!
Well today I went to the temple! Every P-day we get to go to the temple, and I absolutely love it! But today I wanted to go do initiatory, and i was very excited, most of the district was doing it. But the whole way up to the temple I thought I should do a session. I kept convincing myself that all temple work is important, so it didnt matter! But as we got to the door, my companion said "lets do a session". So we did. as i was standing in line for a name, I felt like I was supposed to meet someone in the dressing room. I was looking all around for Ross or grandpa, but I couldnt see them. Then, out of no where, my good friend and Bishop from last year walked up to me and shook my hand. It brought me a lot of joy to see this great man again and tell him about my mission. The encounter was breif but I got to thank him and it completely made my day. I was reminded once again, that following the spirit will always lead to a better outcome for me, for everyone. Lately the spirit has promted me to do a lot of hard things and I was begining to dread getting promtings.I almost was ready to pray for no more inspiration! haha no really, but this was a good testimony builder. It was a small miracle, but it was absolutely wonderful.
Well, the food here is pretty much cancerous, but at least there is food. I dont complain, but it will be nice to have some good ol home cooked beans and rice in brazil! I have been eating very healthy here, as healthy as I can, but I have lost 15lbs! crazy! Better than everyone else i my district who have all put on weight, some of them more than Ive lost.
It has been great to see Michael Doman around here, he's a DL as well and he is doing great! But he leaves wednesday, which is depressing. Its getting pretty stagnent up in here, but its okay. I have done the only thing I can to make it, and thats work really hard. Pray like its all up to him, and work like its all up to me. One of my favorite quotes.
I wouldnt mind a harmonica, with maybe a lil book to teach me how to play it. The only instruments here are the Piano, and i cant really carry baby around!
Thanks for forwarding the emails of those missionries! They are great to read!Super jealous of Brandon though. Can i get adams emails? also, Can someone send me Brandons address? That'd be bomb. Thank you!
As far as the language, it is coing okay, not that great though. I want it to be coming faster! I am trying to be patient with myself! Its not easy..
MY companion is pretty cool guy, but he seems real depressed this week, which is annoying. BUt im doing what I can :)
Also I have the weirdest dreams ever here. IT is so bizarre. Even when I fall asleep in class ( which I am getting very good at not doing-which is a mirale in and of itself) I have the weirdest dreams!
Anyways, enough randomness, Good bye yous!
Elder Jake