Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hello Out There!

Hey!
I hope evryone is doing great out there! The mission life is crazy, not gonna lie, but I kinda like it!

Thank you so much for all the letters and the suit coat! What a glorious gift. And the package as well, thank you very much!

Also, thank you mom for that wonderful message you sent me in your "I know" section. It was exactly what Ive been needing, I reread it a few times already, Tahnk you :)

This week has not been easy, mission life is really hard work, but I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. I have grown up so much in the last few weeks, its insane, but really nice. I'm still the same guy, but just a bit better ;) I am glad I have been able to learn to listn to Lord and the promptings of the holy spirit. That is what I have gained most from this experience so far, the ability to hear and follow even the smallest promtings.

Last week I had the promting to get out of bed and go out in the hall way. I was praying and just waiting for at least an hour, possbily longer. I knelt outside of one of the doors praying to kbnow what to do. after about a half hour I knocked on the door. Nothing happened. After a long time more of praying, I went inside my room and went to bed. That week in interviews I found out that one of the Elders in that room was having a really hard time that night, being really homesick. I wasnt sure why I was there, but yesterday, with tears rolling down his face, his companion thanked me for being there and praying for him during one of the hardest times the two have them have ever faced. It was a really humbling experience. I learned again, as I have many other times, to trust the spirit, it wont lead anyone astray.

I also was promted all week to ask one of the Elders in my district all week if he was worthy. this was something I realy did not want to do, because I was certain he was worthy and is a great missionary. During the interview I was again promted to ask h8im, and so I did. He broke down into tears. He told me he was worthy, but that he didnt feel qualified to for the work, felt like he was a horrible misionary. I was able to talk to him and help him work out everything. Hed been holding this all in ever since he got here. I know that the words of comfort and encouragement I gave him were not mine. The spirit was speaking through me.

Also this week, during our post devotional district meeting (the devotional speaker was l. Tom Perry!) we go around and bare testimony on what we learned and felt during the devotional and the week. I wanted to start out cause I had what I thought was a well worded and elequent testimony Id thought up. It totally fell flat, I wasnt speaking with the spirit, but through my own words. At the end of the meeting I had the opportunity to share my testimony again, but this time I spoke with the spirit. Afterwords I sat down and started taking notes on my own testimony. I had never before had those thoughts, they were absolutely of the spirit.

I am very very lucky to be in this district. I love these Elders so much, I look up to all of them and they all answer my friends on a daily basis. I am so grateful I get to leaarn so much through my calling as distirct leader.

It seems like the family is doing very well! I am so grateful for the letters, and I will get to them very quickly. I miss you and love you all! But i dont miss you too much ... ;)

Thank you for everyhing! have a great week! send me letters from the sops!
Elder Jake!