On Monday, we received this letter from Elder Jake's companion at the MTC. Elder Caldwell will be great missionary remembering kind gestures such as these.
Nov 27, 2009
Dear Brother and Sister L,
I just wanted to write you a quick letter and wish you a happy Thanksgiving. I have had the the the awesome opportunity to spend the past six weeks with your son as my comp.
Since he is ALWAYS with me, I have gotten the chance to get to know him very well, maybe even too well, it is also kinda hard to write this without him knowing.
I’m sure you already know this but Elder L is an amazing person. He is the best companion anybody could ask for. I have never met someone who follows the promptings of the Spirit as well as he does. SO many times during our study time, I’ll look over at him and he is praying. He not only has been a great companion and district leader but he has been a great example for me. He pushes me and makes me work and learn. I have never met you before but through your son, I know a lot about you. I just want to thank you for raising such a great son. I’m actually glad we didn’t get our visas because, if we did, there is so much I wouldn’t have learned. I hope you have (had) a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love Elder Jesse Caldwell