Hey yous!
I hope you are all having a fantastic time! Well this is actually the second letter, which was nice and lengthy and got deleted when the 30 mins ended, the window closed just as I was pressing send. Nao e bom. haha luckily the lovely lady at the front desk granted me a lil more time to let you guys know what was going on, just took a lil convincin!;)
Well, here at the MTC in Provo, the Brazilians are pourin in. There will be 240 of us tomorrow! So, they split out branch again! (And will likely split it a fourth time before too long). We have been moved to the Italian Branch! I love the Italians they are all super fly cats, and they are loads of fun, just like us! So this means that I will have a new P-day, and a new P-day and new meals times, gym times, everything is changed! This is not too bad actually, I like some good change up in here.
Also, with this new time, instead of there being welll over 200 extra missionaries in each gym and meal time, in addition to the loads that normally are in them, we have tons of space, and no lines! Soccer was amazing the other day because there was only our district plus a few Italians on the whole field! Made my day.
I love the my Branch presidency, they are so excited to serve, and so excited for us to serve! They truly lead by love and are much more about the Spirit of the law, and not the letter. Which is much appreciated. (We still follow the rules, just much less guilt ;)haha).
One awkward story for ya. In our first leadership meeting, the Branch president excused the coodinating sister because she had another meeting. But what he said was, "We now excuse Sister Loveland". Not good haha We had a great laugh and she turned quite red. He then made things sooo much more awkward by talking about when he was a BYU bishop and had been to 38 weddings, that marriage was super important, and he was just looking to our future. Really great! The whole ward calls her "Sister Loveland" now. I find it pretty weird, and a bit uncomfortable.
But I also find it fairly amusing how upset she gets, especailly because I have no intention of ever talking to her again. I am scaredof her. . . and the rest of the sisters. Especially in gym. They take volleyball WAY too seriously.
Oh! visas! Well, we were finally told something! They told us that Brazil was reworking their technology that goes along with visas, in preperation for the World Cup and the Olympics! (P.S - we need to make it back for one or both of these, Dad). Once they fix there tech issue, we'll make it. Our old Branch President told us he thought it'd be awhile, but I am gonna be in Brazil for Christmas. I made it a personal goal. I am praying for it! I will be there!
I have discovered how much I love the Italian language, it is so beautiful. It may even be as sweet as portuguese (talvez). I think I may have to pick that one up post-mish. I have found a real love for languages, they are so legit.
Me and my companion have been teaching points of the first lesson to random elders in Portuguese (in preparation for the teaching the whole lesson in Portugues tomorrow - so pumped!). In doing this, we have heard so many testimonies in so many languages! I have a real love for Itialian, and German, and Spanish. And Manderai. Just might have to learn a few of these.
I have become friends with this elder from Fiji. He has been speaking English for about two weeks, and is doin well! (Otherwise, it'd be tough to be friends with him, haha). He is just so happy, even if he has no clue what he is tryin to say. I decided this was going to be me with Portuguese. I have become way more relaxed and really enjoy the language and love to speak it! No english! Amazing.
It has only been a few days, but they have been great. I have really changed. My perspective has changed so much. I have found that pure faith and hope in Christ, manifest in wonderful optimism. It has made me quite happy! Thanks for the letter!
Send me my phone card and wallet please!
Tell D that I really look up to her, and I read her note last night in my journal and it really boosted me. I'm prayin for her!
I love you all! Have a ferocious week!
Bye!
Elder jake