[Elder Jake has always had very creative spelling; however, this is more reflective of his thick fingers trying to type fast. I will leave most of this is Jake's original form -- because illustrates part of his crazy charm.]
Hey Buddies!
How is everything? They really dont give you anytiome here, i had to set up my email and now I have very little time to write!
Thank you so much for the package! it wqas awesome! I was very happty to have that stuff, and to get your letters!
I'll get the business out of the way before I run out of time. I would love it if I could get my priesthood line of authority mailed to me, that would be really great to have. Also a four generation pedigree chart. And I would love it if you guys would reply to my emails through DearElder so that I will have more time to type, and I can read your letters before hand. That would be great! I am am also going to reply to the kids letters via snail mail. SJ really needs to write me! She can just use dear elder as well if she wants, but real letters are pretty nice too. Also I want a picture of Joseph Smityh, but one of him being jovial, playing with kids or doin somethin lighter. I already have one of him bein all serious and spiritual ;) Thank you! Also the guys in the distric want some of my cds... so send me some :)
Okay, so the Mish. I love it here! The first week was a touch stressful, but i really learned a ton, both with the language and the the gospel, but also with being a leader. hopefully Ill have time to share some of these stories. the best way Ive heard the this place described is like trying to drink from a firehose. But the spirit abnd the joy here make it worth it. I still pray all the time for strength to make it through and not go crazy in that lil 12 x12 room. With 14 elders and a teacher.
We got 24 new brazilian bound visa waiters this week. My whole district ahd been emailed prior to gettin here to fill out the new visa application and turn it in online, but I wasnt so yesterday i went to the travel office because I hadnt heard anything. (You're not supposed to go there unless you are called down, and they are usually really on top of it). Long story, short i got it figured out, but I will proly be the last member of the district to leave.
Sunday was the best day, I just loved being able to relax and enjoy the spirit. I held ourt first distrct meeting where i was in charge and it was good. Unfortuneatly The speaker, from the branch presidency, spoke for about about 2 hours, when he was only given 30 mins. I was a lil frustrated cause me and my district had so much to do, and he was really blunt and was calling missionaries out for things they were doing wrong, and in not a very polite way. He finished by telling me i had to wear long socks and I had to take the ring off my shoe. i have had that ring on there for 5 years! and its not in the white handbook at all. But I prayed for humility and tried really hard to be Christlike. It was hard, but I was able to look past it and learn from his lesson :) it was a good learning experience, not easy, but i did it,
I dont have much time left but I want you to know I have truely learned to follow the spirit this week, and have several good stories from this, but you only get one :)
I noticed that a few guys from my district had bracelets on, and they are specifically banned in the white handbook. So i prayed to know how to tell these guys. One night whuile i was praying for another missionary, for another reason, I got the promting to go into the bathroom. I was just going to go when i finished my prayer, but i felt l;ike i had to go then. So i went and i ran into Elder J, one of the ones with the bracelt. I asked him about the bracelt and he saisd that his siter had made it for him, with brazilian colors. He told me he knew it was forrbidden, but it was kinda like the ring on my shoe. THe next night while i was praying, i left the ring on his desk and when i woke up i found the bracelet on mine.
BYE!