Sunday, July 27, 2014

June 9, 2014 Letter

Hola!
So transfers were today! Hermana Diaz left (and went to Playas!) and my new companion is Hermana Ramirez. She is from Oaxaca. This is her last transfer in the mission. Also, she was already her in San Luis a few months ago so she already knows the members and everything. It will be a fun transfer. I am ready to keep working harder and harder and see more and more miracles here in sunny San Luis.
 
E didn't make it to church, and neither did her sons, but a few of the other nieces and nephews did. 
 
We're going to visit them lots this week and help them make it to church next Sunday.
 
Another investigator, D, came as well. Her husband is less active, but wants to be active in the church again and he wants to be able to baptize his wife. They want to be an eternal family. :) But she says she doesn't want pressure towards a baptismal date, wants to keep learning and wait until she's ready. We'll keep working with her and help her receive an answer from God that the church is true, and that this is the right decision.
 
Yesterday we had a lesson with a referral from our zone leaders, someone they had contacted. His name is Pierre and he is super cool. He is very receptive and excited to learn. He lives with his wife and 3 sons. We are definitely going to keep working with him and helping him progress. 
 
I am looking forward to this new transfer and the experiences we will have, all that I will learn and grow. Sometimes it's hard to look back and see all the mistakes I've made, my imperfections. But the gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ is about learning and growing in my weaknesses and improving every day. I don't have to be perfect today, and Heavenly Father doesn't expect me to be. He just wants me to do my best and serve in His work and be a little better than I was yesterday. 
 
I love you all!
Have an excellent week!
Come what may and love it!
Love,
Hermana Loveland