The afternoon on Tuesday was one of those times that was a little tough. We were headed the the member's house where we were going to eat and my companion got a flat tire on her bicycle. We made it to their house, but afterwards we went with J and O to ask them to take us to the bicycle shop (there's a guy named Richard who has a bicycle shop here and fixes all the missionaries bikes for free, he is awesome). Then we were headed to a lesson we had pretty far away, and my bike got a flat tire. So we called Hermano Jesus to come rescue us again. He's so great. But the rest of the day went all right. We didn't let that stop us from working. :)
E and her sons didn't come to church again. :( A few of her nieces and nephews did though. It's tough because the kids are super smart and love going to church, but the gospel is really about families, and we can't just baptize the kids. We're going to see if we can talk to Elizabeth again this week and see what we can do to help them.
We only saw P once this week, but he is doing really well. He didn't come to church yesterday because he had to go to Mexicali, but he is still excited about learning and being closer to God.
Saturday afternoon, Hermana Alma joined us (and drove us in a car, which is a nice break from the heat). She is wonderful. We attempted to visit tons of people and no one was home. It was a little disappointing. Later we decided to stop by once more at one of the houses we had already tried to see if he'd come home. And he had! His name is R. He was taught by the missionaries about 5 years ago, and his stepdaughter was baptized. His wife and daughters are currently on vacation in Alabama. We said it would be awesome if when she came home he could say, "Guess what! I got baptized!" He is very receptive and accepted a baptismal date for July 19th. I am excited for him. Though he didn't make it church yesterday. :( Not sure what happened, but we'll see him tomorrow and do everything so he makes it next week!
Remember J and V? V and two of her sons came to church yesterday! It was great to have them there and we are going to keep working with them this week so they can have a baptismal date and work towards that goal. :)
I am doing well here in San Luis. It's warm out, but I know the Lord helps me and it doesn't have to affect His work. And I am really loving it. I never thought I could be so happy living in such a ridicously hot place, but I am having a great time. :)
I hope all is well! I love you! Have an awesome week!
Love,
Hermana Loveland
picture: with my companion, Hermana Ramirez. :) On Friday we ate with a family who live at the edge of the ward boundaries (and a pretty long bike ride) and decided to take pictures.