Sunday, July 27, 2014

June 30, 2014 Letter

Another exciting, and sunny, week here in San Luis Rio Colorado. To answer your question, Mom, here in San Luis Rio Colorado it is one stake, with 5 wards, and 18 missionaries. :)
 
On Wednesday we had our conference with Presidente Carreon in Mexicali. We got up super early and took a bus there. It was a conference with 3 zones, and I saw Hermana Mendoza there, which was fun. :) It was a great conference. And a little tough to say good bye to such a wonderful mission president and his wife. They have taught us so much, and have seen us learn and grow. We will miss them. Our next conference will be next week, on the 9th, when we will meet President Garcia and his wife. I'm looking forward to meeting them. :)
 
At our conference I recieved a letter from Autumn. Thanks! I still haven't received those letters from Grandma...who knows where they are. Also we finally got the conference issue of the Liahona. I love general conference and being able to read and study the talks!
 
V is progressing really well, but didn't make it to church yesterday. :( We'll go see her and help make sure she comes next week. She tells we have to give her homework and she'll write down her doubts and questions and help her out. She is wonderful. 
 
C is going to young womens camp this week. I know she'll have a great time! We still need to talk to her parents about giving permission  for her to be baptized. Part of the problem is she lives with her grandparents, but sometimes she's with her mom who also has to give permission, but we'll work on that. A is doing well (he's 10 years old), but didn't come to church yesterday.
 
Funny story about E...turns out he's already a member! A member passed by his home to pick him up for an activity (he didn't come :/) and later told us that the man who lives there is a member who was baptized about 10 years ago. We didn't believe it, because he was so excited about getting baptized. Later I even asked him specifically if he'd ever been baptized. He said no. We asked him for his full name and checked the ward lists, and there he is. I couldn't believe it. We visited him last night and he seriously does not remember it. We told him he was already baptized and a member of the church, but he doesn't remember. He had told us before that the Elders had visited him, but nothing else. Turns out he had an accident a few years ago, and that's probably the reason he doesn't remember. He was bummed when we told him; he was really looking forward to being baptized. But he asked, "So, what's next?" and is excited about coming "back" to church. His niece V is still planning on being baptized. She didn't make it to church, so we changed her baptism date for August 2nd. But she prays every day and has read a little the Book of Mormon. I know she'll be ready. :)
 
Speaking of the Book of Mormon, I finished it this morning. I love that book soo much! It truly testifies of Christ and helps us draw closer to Him. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I highly recommend that everyone reads it! It will change your life.
 
I love you! Thanks for your prayers and support! I pray for you as well!
Love,
Hermana Serena Loveland