Buenas tardes mi querida familia!
First of all, feliz cumpleaños Autumn! You are old! I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!
So it's "officially" summer. But the temperatures here have already been very summer-y. But it's a great time! And yes, Mom, I am drinking lots of water. And Gatorade. Don't worry :)
E didn't come to church again. :( But her son A did. He is really great. Sometimes he's a bit of a punk :) but he is very smart and likes coming to church. He knows when his baptismal date is and is preparing for it. In our mission we can baptize kids when their parents don't want to accept the gospel if they give permission, and if there are members committed to bringing them to church every week. I'm pretty sure E will let him even if she isn't ready, and we have Hermano J, who is her uncle, who picks them up for church every week. :) I think he will get baptized soon. We're hoping to be able to talk to some of the other kids' parents as well to see if they will let them be baptized. C, who is 12 years old is progressing super well, and has come to church 4 weeks in a row and is planning to go to Young Womens Camp. :)
This week we haven't seen R, or P. But we're not giving up on them. I'll keep you updated. :)
Last Sunday we contacted V and her uncle E when we were looking for an address. We never found the house we were looking for, but they were much better. :) They are very receptive and love to learn. We are also teaching V's son, M. Yesterday we taught them Plan of Salvation and they said, "I didn't know that before." I love being a missionary and helping people come to know this wonderful plan of happiness! They didn't make it to church yesterday, and V was working every day, but last night she told us that she quit and she'll be there on Sunday. I am super excited for them. They are preparing to be baptized on July 26th.
We only saw V once this week. She said she enjoyed church but it was super long...haha. But she commited to come to church this week, but maybe just for the first hour. But when we went to pick her up, no one was home...
Also, D and her husband came to church again. Her husband had an interview with the Bishop and set goals and is working towards being worthy to baptize his wife. :) I am excited for them. But she still won't accept a baptismal date... We'll keep working with her. :)
This week we had exchanges with our sister training leader. It was the first time I was the one who stayed in the area to be with Hermana Chavarria (our sister training leader). But it went all right. Things didn't go according to plan, but they hardly ever do. haha but I was able to learn lots from her and see things I can improve to be a better missionary. I've got a lot to improve, but I know if I keep working and try to be a little better every day, the Lord will help me out. :) It's His work, after all. :)
This will be an exciting week as we have our last conference with Presidente Carreon on Wednesday in Mexicali. We thought the last one was going to be, but it's this week. And then Presidente Garcia gets here on Thursday! Exciting times. We are definitely going to miss Presidente Carreon, he is great. I have learned so much from him.
As for Loveland Adoption Day, I'm not sure what I'll do to celebrate, maybe eat some ice cream. :)
I love you lots! Have a terrific week! Keep smiling and "Come what may and love it!"
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Loveland