Hello!
So I'll bet you're all dying to know about transfers. I left Playas, which was kinda hard saying goodbye but I am looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead! I am now in San Luis Rio Colorado! It is the other side of the mission and we had a long bus ride this morning. Also it is WARM here. But I am excited. My companion is Hermana Diaz and she is from Chile. :) She has been on her mission for 8 months. She was also trained by my trainer, Hermana Mendoza, so that is fun. :) Another fun thing about San Luis: we have bicycles!!! I´ve only been here a few hours but I already love it!
Updates on people in Playas: R did get baptized on Wednesday. It was a great baptismal service with lots of support from the ward. Unfortunately he didn't make it to church yesterday because they went out of town so he was not confirmed. :/ I think his whole story is a lot about the missionaries learning patience. haha. But he'll be there next week and be confirmed. He is great. :)
M was baptized on Saturday along with two of Hermana Rivera and Hermana Tree's investigators. M is so wonderful. He is a quiet guy and doesn't say a ton, but when he talks you know it's sincere. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we had to teach him. He was confirmed on Sunday and also ordained to the Aaronic priesthood.
S is still doing well. That was definitely the hardest goodbye. I seriously love her sooo much. And her family. I hope to be able to come back when they go to the temple in a year or so. They're still working on getting married, waiting for a document to be sent from Durango. But I hope soon!
We had an incredible ward council meeting yesterday, that was extremely focused in the work of salvation and talking about specific names and specific goals and plans and commitments. The bishop is incredible. I love Playas and the members in the ward. I had SUCH a great time there.
I am so grateful for the this transfer I had with Hermana Torres. I learned soooo much from her and had a GREAT time. She is an incredible missionary. I'll miss her but I am excited for all the things I will learn from my new companion. I love being a missionary and being able to learn from different companions and all of the experiences we have together. It is a great time. This is such a joyful work!
I love you! Thanks for your prayers and support and love! Have a terrific week!
Also you still haven't told me what you've been studying in Preach My Gospel! Let me know! I love that book and I hope you all do too! It is wonderful, and not just for full-time missionaries.
Love,
Serena