Monday, May 26, 2014

May 5, 2014 Letter

Hello family!
 
Here I am in San Luis. And it is very warm here. I don't know what the temperature is, but it's pretty high. But it is all good! The heat is not too bad.  There is usually a light breeze, and even better since we are on bicycles. :) And I know the Lord helps us out. I know that complaining about the heat won't do me any good, so it's better just to keep working. :) Somehow you get used to sweating all the time. haha. I love being on a bicycle. The roads here are flat as well, there aren't any hills so that makes it even better. The one tricky thing is that some of the roads here are sand... but the good thing is that the members here help us out a lot and almost every day we have members with air conditioned cars who join us for part of the day. It is a great time. 
 
One of our investigators is O. He is about 43 and very excited about the gospel. He is going to be baptized on May 13th. :) Another investigator is Jorge who has a baptismal date for May 27th. He is also excited. They both came to church yesterday and are doing very well. :)
 
San Luis is definitely different than Playas, and the climate is a whole lot drier, but I love it. I just remember my favorite quote, "Come what may and love it!" and do my best to embrace whatever comes and just have a great time. 
 
The ward here is great. The members like to help us out and are excellent people. :) We don't currently have a ward mission leader, but they are going to call one next Sunday. We do have a few ward missionaries who are incredibly hard working and willing to help out. And they are lots of fun too. :)
 
One fun thing about serving a mission at the border is that quite a few people know at least a little English and sometimes people like to translate my name and call me Hermana Tierra de Amor. I love it.
This week I was reading in Alma, in chapter 37 when Alma is talking about Nephi and the Liahona and I really like in verse 40 when it says, "therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day." I know the Lord is working many miracles every day on my mission and I just have to recognize them and keep working hard to be able to see even more. 
 
I love you all! Have an awesome week! And share the gospel with your friends! :)
Talk to you on Sunday! :)
 
Love,
Hermana Loveland