Monday, May 26, 2014

May 19, 2014 Letter

Dear family,
 
I LOVE YOU.
This week was very eventful. Where to begin...
 
First of all O was baptized and confirmed this week! His baptism was on Tuesday, but before that we flooded the church building! aah I can't believe that happened. We went with our new ward mission leader earlier in the day to clean and fill the font and then we left and he was going to come back and check in a few hours. Later he had car troubles and didn't go and we had forgotten about it, so we went super fast to check and it had flooded a little bit. Oops. We grabbed brooms and started sweeping the water out the doors. It was quite the adventure and we were just laughing the whole time, because what else could we do? I'll be sure to send pictures. :) But the baptism went well and O is doing well, which the important part. :)
 
Then on Wednesday we had zone conference with Presidente Carreon. It was great. (And yes Mom, I did receive my package- Thanks!) Since it was his last conference before he leaves he took us all out to eat at a Chinese food buffet. It's fun being in San Luis and far away from everything because I'm pretty sure he didn't do that with all the zones. :) In the evening he also invited us to carne asada at our stake president's home. It was a fun time. When we were riding our bicycles home, President Carreon followed us in his car to make sure we made it safe. :) He is a really great mission president and we will miss him. I've learned a lot from him. 
 
This week J told us that he doesn't want us to come anymore. :( It was sad because he seemed to be progressing so well, but oh well. I hope someday soon. For now we'll keep working to find new people. :)
J and F are doing pretty well. Earlier in the week we were feeling like they weren't progressing very much and maybe we were going to have to drop them, but we visited them on Saturday and taught about the Sabbath Day and they seemed very excited and ready to come to church. We went and picked them up on Sunday and J couldn't come because he was feeling sick, but F came with her grandson! It was so great to have them there.
 
S also came, he is a referral from O and Jesus (ward mission leader) and seems pretty excited about learning about the Gospel.
 
A little more about Hermana Diaz: she is from the northern part of Chile and has two younger brothers. It's fun because sometimes she says weird words that don't exist here in Mexico, or mean different things. :) She doesn't speak much English, but this week we started reading the Book of Mormon in English to practice. I enjoy it. :)
 
I also enjoy being on bicycle. It's lots of fun, even when the roads are sand. I don't wnat to think about leaving San Luis and having to walk again...bicycles are the best! Plus there are zero hills here and it's all flat. :)
 
This morning we had a zone activity and we went to "las dunas" (sand dunes). It was mostly just for the pictures. We climbed up some huge sand dunes and it was quite the adventure. Being in San Luis is lots of fun. :) Life is very good. :)
 
I am going to send lots of pictures right now. :) I love you all! Have a great week! Come what may and love it!
 
Love,
Hermana Loveland
 
P.S. Mom, I love you! Thanks for the package. We really enjoy the jelly beans. :) And thanks for the photos of the temple as well. In our zone conference on Wednesday, Presidente Carreon showed me the picture you put on facebook of the Mothers' Day call. And then he showed it to me two more times throughout the day. haha it was fun. :)