Okay, I am a slacker and haven't posted Elder Jake's letters for a few weeks. I apologize and will try to do better. He is entering the fourth quarter and is gearing up for it.
Hey guys!
Once again, i got the sweet computer that has a broken shift key1 wohoo1
So this week has been pretty crazy, but i suppose that really just means its normal.
G and C they didnt go to church on sunday. that just broke my lil heart. We went there Sunday night, and he was drunk. Tear my heart out and throw it on the ground and stomp on it til I die. It was pretty crazy. His brother was also there, and even though he also was drunk, he took Gilson's beer so "he wouldnt drink anymore". Or probably so he could drink it. but i didnt mind. He's our next project.
Anyways, we went back Monday night, and we were able to talk to him and he said he drank as his "good-bye party" to drinking. Even though I dont fully agree with that concept, I could already see a change in him. He is changing. This week he is good. He hasn't been drinking or smoking. Last night, we were able to give them both preisthood blessings. How great it is to have the power of God on our side. I appreciate it. im sure they are going to be baptized.
There is a dude getting a tattoo in the back right now. I can hear it. Maybe i'll get a tatoo of the Portland Temple. I wont regret that, will I?
Today we went for our usual run to wal mart, and to celebrate, we went to a super nice churrascaria (brasilian grill). Was delicious, and expensive. and definatly canceled whatever workouts I've done this week.
Since you are in Utah, I would love a BYU t-shirt. I dont have one! Cant think of anything else. and the shoes havent arrived yet, but they might be at the office.
Here in the big city, we meet lots of crazy people. For example. last week this guy stopped us and was talking to us about the USA. He asked me what state I lived in. I said, because U was sure he had never heard of Oregon, that i lived in Califorina for a time. [One summer at his grandparents.] He smiled and me and said excitedly "TEXAS!" I just looked at him for a sec, smiled and said yea, something like that. Another kid and other time asked me if I was German. I said yup. "Really? You were born in switzerland?! So you speak english?!" Poor kid slept through every geography class hes ever had. Also, we were walking with a trucker who was so excited that they were building a highway from Mexico to Spain, (that didnt cross the ocean) cause he has always wanted to visit Europe. The big city has got a lot of good laughs.
We got the news about the new President of our mission! Oresident John S Tanner, vice -pres of BYU and his wife i guess was the general President of the Young Women. Seems poderosos. He'll enter July 1. So Ill get him for a good three months.
However, its gonna be really hard to take the Richardsons spot. They are such an incredible couple. Dont think it gets better then them, but maybe as good. I hope so!
I saw a horse crossing the crosswalk yesterday, by itself, just roaming around, abiding by traffic laws. Such a weird city, I love it!
Well, I'm not sure what else I got. We had a great training this week on faith. and how as we do everything we can, and trust in the Lord, he will make the miracles happen. and we can reach our goals. so we should have a great bit of miracles this week. I'm pretty excited, gonna be a great week!
Heard one yesterday. when I was in santo andre, i taught a young woman (22). She didnt accept our message but yesterday, she knelt down and asked God to direct her in her life. and then the missionaries called. They had found her name in the Area Book and decided to call her cause they have one week to baptize 3 people, and had no one. she had been to church, so she could be baptized (you have to go twice). she accepted everything this time around, and will be baptized sunday. people change. miracles exist.
I love the Lord. and im gonna keep trucking along and try to be a lil better this week, so that we can see some miracles happen.
Have a great week! I love you all!
Love, Elder Jake