Hey People!
I hope you guys finally got last weeks letter, I sent it for the ninth time today haha. But This week was a good one. I think. I cant really remember it...Let me go through it in my brain real quick.
Last week was actually a rather calm week. We only did one division, pretty rare haha. we had stake conference, so that was pretty inspiring, and also means we only had 2 hours of church on sunday instead of 10 straight hours in the same chapel. Not even sure if I told you guys that, but because we are taking care of two wards here, that are at different times, usually the whole Sunday is spent in meetings and church, with a quick lunch thrown down in the kitchen in the breif interval (often times eating rice and beans and spagetti with our hands as there was no silverwear, until we hid some).
So this Sunday was gonna be pretty normal. However, President and Sister came up to us after stake conference, where they spoke and destroyed, and said they would love to do a surprise inspection of our house... Luckily, our house was clean. phew. But it was great to have a few more moments with those great people.
In stake conference, the Stake president said good-bye to them cause they wont be coming back to that stake conference anymore. That made me think about how sad thats gonna be we they go home. Love those guys.
Hmmm We are really trying to use the Book Of Mormon more. A lot more. And its doing miracles. We are reading it more, and we are teaching it WAY more, andusing it to teach a lot more. I am loving it. Brings such a strong spirit o the work. to life.
Last night, we went to a families house where we had a FHE marked. They had invited some friends to hear aboput the gospel. When we got there however, the husband told us that his wifes brother had passed away, and decided not to invite the families over. They allowed us to do a family night with them. My companion lead out in a great lesson, sharing a personal story of the death of his grandfather and other things that happend to him in the first few weeks on the mission. And then we read 1 Nephi 11:17. I heard it in a John Bytheway talk once. Super great scripture. We were able to talk about how God loves us, and that we just have to trust him. Let him do His job, and itll all work out as we do our best.
One of my favorite stories lately is of Peter walking on the water. I like it best told in Mathew. The other day, we were teaching Giãn. He really wants to be baptized, but his mom wont let him, despite all we try. However. We were speaking with him the other day and felt the need to share with him that story. An interesting part of that story is how it starts. The Lord tells the apostles to cross the sea, but they are making it, despite their efforts, the "wind was against them". We then read that at that point they saw Jesus walking on the water. Sometimes we have trials, and arent able to do waht we want to do-even something nessisary like baptism- when we want to. But because we are made to wait, we get to see a greater miracle. As long as we dont give up, we will be exactly where the Lord wants us to be and he will come "walking over the water". Interesting lesson I learned this week on patience.
Please have Ward email me! I can totally respond, just need to know asap to see if Pres-Man will let us do somethin.
I love running. I miss it a ton. We go running every week to walmart, and its awesome. I gotta find some way to get more active. Jump rope aint cutting in any more. Physical activity is a huge stress killer, and maybe thats why Im so stressed. Was something I was thinking about last night. Gotta do somethin different! gotta find someway to relax a lot more... Read the talk by Joe B Worthlin from the oct. 2008 conf. this morning. That was a great talk. Helped a bit :) ANy ideas?
Hmmm i cant think of anything else. and my bed is calling my name! I Love yous, have a great week!
Oh, got the calender! Thanks! I loved it! Its already up on the wall!
Love elder jake