Hey Guys!
Today I think I have once again, very lil time. Very Lil. So Ill let ya know how life is quickly :)
Well this week was great! We were really excited to help G, and to also baptize Thyan, who is a son of a less-active. However, G smoked. And drank. That was really sad for us. And he was pretty embarrassed and didnt really want to talk to us. I wasnt actually there, as i was in division. But it was still hard.
However, still with a goal for two people, one being a man to be baptized, my comp went to work!
I was in division for three days, so I didnt see this miracle, but it was a testimony for me. My companion found Weverton. A 19 yr old young man, who was taught many times by past missionaries, but didnt want anything at that time. He expressed to Elder HAwkins that he was ready to be baptized this month, and my companion, using the Spirit was able to make a goal for that week. And so 3 days later, he was baptized. I had nothing to do with it, but it really strenghtened my faith, and showed me true faith in this young man.
We also found this great family. Actually, a couple in the ward introduced us to them. GREAT family. They were really open and receptive to our message. During the first vision of Joseph Smith, Fatima started crying. We invited her to pray and ask if the Church was true, and she replied that she already had. And she felt that it was. Marcel, her fiance, agreed to pray about it that night. Then when, invited to be baptized, she said of course! And he also accepted the invitation, as soon as God shows him the church is true, he will follow! It was a really spiritual lesson. And then they went to church! How great! YEAH! It was amazing as well to see the look on Andrea's face (the member who gave the reference) as she saw her friends accept baptism.
How wonderful it is to share the gospel! Her friends will soon be members of His church, and will be able to receiave these wonderful blessings.
Well, I was transferred! I am sad to leave that area. It was a good area, great actually! I loved so much the members, and the investigators. It was sad to leave, but my new area should be great!
My new comp is Elder F. Rocha. Brazilian, and once again, an incredible missionary. I am excited to work with him! This morning I was a lil nervous about the transfer, but as I got to work, I felt the Lord fill me with His love, and confidence. He really loves us, and helps us to feel His constant help. I am so greatful for Him! We are not alone! Well, I have to go, I am sorry I dont have more time, but next week I hope I will have more time to write to everyone individually, especially S!
I just gotta run! I love you all! Have a great week!
See ya next week!
Love,Elder Jake!