Friday, March 25, 2011

March 15, 2011 letter

Well hey there!

Once again, I have like three seconds to type. We have been working like crazy. And today was a temple day!

So, I really love the temple! I feel so good in there. Unfortuneately, I feel so relaxed, and Im so tired, I usually sleep at least a lil. But Im trying. It was great to be there. As I was in the Celestial Room, I was thinking a lot about pride. And once again came back to the quote by Uchtdorf, where we dont need to think less of ourselves, just less about ourselves. Really like it a lot. So I decided I need to think more about my Savior, and my Father in Heaven, and also those around me. As a missionary, I am called to help everyone! So Im gonna try and think much more about those around me, especially now. The temple is so good. I also was able to stay a lil longer than usual to talk to a great friend about how the Lord anwers us, and how we need to follow. Great day. Just that i have no time now!

My area is super poor, and pretty much all ghetto. But, man, are these people amazing! Great peopl, especially the youth! They are so excited! At the baptism on Sunday, the there were a few investigaters there. One of the young men told em all about it, and even practiced with em! So great. Its my first area actuallly inside the city of Sao Paulo, and it is super different. Way sketchy. Mundão.

I love you guys! I gotta go! My comp is so patient! Well, thanks so much for the prayers, and for the great letters. Thanks for the part about the heart to hearts mom. I was needing that. Next week when I have more time, I ll have to fill yall in better, But I am super happy. I Love my new area and all. IT is a wonderful rewarding thing to be a servant of the Lord. I was just laying in bed last night thinking about how happy I am, even though its so hard at times.

Love ya!
Love, Elder Jake