Dear You People,
We had transfers again! My beloved companion, Elder Read, was called to be assistant! He is definitely qualified for the position, on the best missionaries Ive met out here. Im gonna stay in the area. My new companion is Elder Areas. Finally a Brazilian! Elder Read and I pretty much only spoke portuguese, but still, its different with a native speaker. He also speaks english a bit, so I'm excited to help him out with that as well. He is the best missionary I have ever met. He was assistant, when I showed up. Served there for a good ten months. I have always looked up to him and they way he teaches, and works with people. I am pretty excited to learn from him, I know I have got a ton to learn.
Working with such great missionaries is a great privilegdge, and at times, a lil discouraging. I realize how much farther I've got to go. But I remembered yesterday how difficult it was to go against Cole and Seth and some of the other huge guys in football practice. How frustrating it was at times, but how much I learned and grew, and how I found out where my strengths lay/lie (i cant remember how to spell that word...). I am doing this with my companions, and as I take this in with a spoonful of humility, I am really excited to see how much I can learn, and how high I can reach.
Andre's baptism was amazing. There weren't very many people there, but the spirit was really strong. During his confirmation as well. I can tell this man really is a powerful, special man. He has so much potencial to help so many people! And, haha, I finally figured out who he reminds me of on Sunday, its Uncle Ward. They way he treats people, and acts reminds me a ton of uncle ward! Are they still comin in Feb? I hope so! Andre's sister watched the baptism, and the confirmation. She cried during the both of them, she really felt the spirit. We will teach her and her family next week!
Last week we had zone conference. President gave us the challenge to read the BoM in our native language before Christmas eve. While we are doing this we are to highlight the parts about faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end (including keeping the commandments), each with its own color. I also am marking all the questions in the BoM, and Im bolding the names of Christ. He gave us a blank BoM to do this. This reading has been amazing. I usually am really reserved in what I mark in my scriptures, but as this is anothr book, I have been marking like crazy. I have never gotten so much of the BoM! I have been hightlighting the assigned parts, but also noticing so much stuff that I havent noticed before! Man, that book is so good! I have also realized the importance of The Gospel Of Christ. Im realizing more and more how important it is for everyone to follow it, so that we can all reaturn to live with Him. Im pretty excited about this activity.
Hmm, well, I think I gotta go. I gotta do some kinda survey thing.
I love you all, and you are all in my prayers!
Love, Jake