Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Answering questions; doing great!

Hello Friends!

I have just eaten a monte de feijoada and the sleepyness is hitting hard, but I am excited to have a lil more time to respond to some questions, and tell ya guys some more of whats going on in my lil life. At request of my lovely mother, questions first!

Shoes. I wear a manly 45. I think thats a 12. Not positive. I would like them to be black, and with the more squarish toe. The ecco brand seems pretty tough, brasil just eats shoes fast. Thanks a ton, that would be much appreciated! I currently only have one hole in the shoe. But it is almost big enough to put my hand through, Great for getting that one itch. What else do I need? Nothing. White shirt or two would be nice- they are losing the white part, and mayb a black sweater? Peanut butter. I dunno.

I have the photos on a cd now, just gotta get close to a post office so I can send it. Our area is huge, and lacking of Post offices. I have a few fotos today.

The ward is pretty good here. They dont really help all that much...but they are super friendly and pretty fly. There are also a ton of RMs in the ward, but unfortunately they are all working and studyin and looking for "the one" so they're schedules are pretty tight. The hard parts of this area are that, the lack of member help, and the fact that the church is in a urban area, meaning all the houses are far away from the church. But we are working around that. Or just getting people to buck up and walk a bit ;) We have been trying to find those who want to be baptized. Naturally. But this means we have ended a lot of lessons early, or just not taught a lesson to some people because even though they are willing to listen, they are not willing to change (we do this in accordance with the Spirit). We have taught so many lessons where at the end people say they wont pray cause they already have a church or somethiong. So we try to talk about that at the beggingin, that we will ask them to pray and ask God at the end to know for themselves if our message is true. This has saved time, but means we teach less, and spend more time contacting people.

How are things at home? Updates? You asked me how I am doing. Well, I am doing great. Two weeks ago, however,I had kinda a rough week. I really just wanted to be with my famliy to help out, to make em laugh, or do something. Along with a ton of other feelings. I felt a ton of love for you guys, and I had a hard time not being with you. It was a difficult week.

So how did I make it through?

That Pday I went home from the lan house and got my Book of Mormon. I said a sincere prayer, and then I started reading. Read until I fell asleep, woke up and read some more. I have been reading that book ever since, in all of my down time.First thing I do when I wake up, and last thing I do before I go to bed is read (and pray). It has helped immensely. I have been praying often, many times while I'm walking, or teaching or whenever. I really saw the hand of the Lord in my life. He brought so much comfort to me. I knew he was comforting you guys as well, and that helped me out a ton. I knew that my family was in good hands. The Lord takes great care of us. These days I am doing much better, and am starting to feel like my good ol self!

On Wednesday, Sister Richardson came up to me and asked me how my family was doing. That was a good question. I explained a lil to her, and she helped me a lot. She talked to me about the blessings of the Lord and got me to laugh a bit about life and the way the Lord works. She told me she would pray for the family, cause she has a strong testimony of prayer. I had to keep my arms folded to keep from hugging her.

The three-day training went well. We really focused on following the spirit, and asking"inspired questions" to know how to help, and to get the investigator to think. Really to stop teaching lesssons, and teach people. This has been good. They also focused on love. Really learning to love the people we serve and teach. In the testimony meeting at the end of the training, I related the way I solve problems of my investigaorsto the way my parents solve problems with us. I know that as you guys act, you are doing it with a ton of love. I just gotta follow your example in this and I will have more success as amissionary. Show people the love I have for them. Maybe I should wink more.

Well, this week we were able to do a service project. We fixed the water box on a members house. I still can't do plumbing without thinking about W...haha. [W does an imitation of a plumber, crack and all. Boys!] It was pretty fun. I miss so much that work. But the work I'm doing is pretty great.

Well, I love you all! Time ran out. Im slow today. The feijoada got the best of me. Thanks for your letters! Especially Uncle Aaron. My companion and I enjoyed your letter, I shared with him a few parts! Thanks! Ill try and get more personal stuff in next week!

Love, Jake