Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life is good here in lil ol massive and ginormously populated Santo Andre.

Hey! How are you guys?

Life is good here in lil ol massive and ginormously populated Santo Andre. Today we went to the temple. Man, I love that place. It is so incredibly relaxing, and really made me feel great. I just wish I could go more! But one day. This week I have been really focusing on trying to give it my all. Really let the Lord guide me, and trust in his plan. I am trying. Its hard sometimes. But I'm getting it little by little. I'm not sure why thats been on my mind. I just really want to give more, I feel like I have so much more to give. I just got to find out where its hiding, and how to give more of it.

To the questions. Do I learn anything from the brasilian RMs? Well, most of them just tell us "Just Batptize, Elder". Which, being an extremely great idea, is of lil or no help, haha. But every once in awhile, one of 'em comes up with a good idea and we put it to use, haha. The three-day training really focuses, like I said, on improving teaching, especially in using inspired questions, that get the investigator to say truths for themselves, help them learn for themselves, instead of us just telling them. And to understand better what they need. I think that is really awesome.

Side story. Yesterday, we had a Jedi Council. Jedi Council is where all the zone leaders from the mission get together and talk about the mission and stuff. I was kinda excited, but a bit nervous as well. These guys are all exceptional missionaries, and I'm just the guy who moves all the funiture and boxes around. I prayed for a few days leading up to it that I wouldnt say anything dumb, and that we would be able to talk about the problems of the mission and come up with solutions.

During the council, we were talking about how we can help the other missinaries, who didn't get the training, catch the "vision" of the New Curriculum. A bunch of people gave a lot of stuff. Then I got this idea that seemed so incredibly obvious. I raised whats left of my arm (I'm so thin!) and suggested that we should use these same principles that we use for investigators, with our missionaries. The assistances started laughing, and the Pres had this goofy smile on his face. I was thinking "Oh no, what did I say wrong?" Finally, after I started sweating a bit inside my suit, they told me that's what they had prepared a training on. That was the answer they were looking for. Phew!

And that is why I need to trust the Spirit. Because if it was my idea, it would have been quite the oposite. That's one of the things I'm trying to improve, one of the points of the new curriculum, follow the spirit instead of just talking to talk. Something I really need to improve. But I am super grateful the Lord is teaching me line upon line.

During that Jedi Council, a thought came to my head about my parents. and the times they tried to teach things. And what they did. And then I realized how important it was to learn this stuff, cause I'm gonna have to put it to use in my family! AHH! Thats way more intense than just a lil short mission. I gotta get cracking.

Thank Sister Brown for that nice comment! I would get that tattooed across my back if I wasnt a missionary. [After his last letter, Sis Brown wrote, " “What a tender, precious, strong, awesome, giant, true-hearted man. You've raised a champion.”]

I loved hearing about the kids' sports adventures. Keep being agressive! J, you are a stud! Don't let those kids waste your time, throw em on the ground! I've got some sweet techniques to teach you, but without being there...kinda hard. Just go as hard as you can! That's where I had success. Not extremely good technique, but I had tenacity!

Tenacity:The unquenchable to desire to acomplish. I love that word. I gotta make a t-shirt out of that. With nice flexing biceps. W and A, just keep running hard and don't be scared! W, remember the power of lil people. Destroy! A - use that attitude of yours! Ya got it for a reason!

Well, once again, I'm out of time. Man. I'm lame with a keyboard. Thank the family who are visisting - taking the flight I would if I could! But I got better stuff to do. Sister Richardson told me yesterday when she asked about you guys that I'm throwin down some serious blessings from where I'm at. (Those weren't the exact words.) Glad to help out :) Haha have a great week! You guys feel some amazingly close today, maybe because of the temple trp. Not sure. But Im glad.

Love ya!-Jake