Alrighty. Hi Guys!
It sounds like you guys are living the life, busy as ever! I'm glad to hear you guys are having fun. I dont know where to start, so Im just gonna start.
We are really excited about Andre's baptism this week. He is going to be in the Elders Quorum presidency for sure. He is such a natural leader, and is really excited to be baptized. He is hard to track down at times, because he is chasing after a job right now, but he is loving church, and is reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible like no one's business.
Elisa is another baptism we have lined up for the following week. She is 24. She went to church with a friend in another ward, and they passed her address to us. She is extremely intelligent. Sometimes I think she understands what we teach bettter than I do! She also gets along super well with the ward members. All those rms. She stayed after church talking to the girls from the ward. She was one of the last to leave the building. Good sign. We are excited about her, and her family as well which we are hoping to start teaching.
We are also teaching Onato, who will be baptized the following week. He is 28ish. To his luck, he shattered his leg in an ugly motorcycle accident. He has been staying at his cousins house to recouporate. His cousin is a recent convert, and we found him there. We taught him the 2nd lesson first. About the plan of salvation. Man, he ate that up! He couldnt stop smiling. He is super excited. He has been reading everything (has nothin else to do) and praying. Its pretty crazy how this accident has become a miracle for him. He even told the doctors he didn't want to have his appointments on sunday anymore so he can go to church. What a stud!
We are teaching Ivan and Ana as well. They are 17 and 16, and are dating. We always teach them together, but they are going to church every week, and are getting ready for baptism. They are a lil unsure about the law of chastity, but we are trying to help them with that. They are reading the Book of Mormon, and I know thats helpin em out. They dont have a date yet, but I'm hoping conference weekend.
Hmm thats pretty much the update for investigators. Sunday, Elder Puerta from the 70 showed up in our chapel. We talked to him for awhile. He is a great man, and is really excited about missionary work. He loves talking to people about the gospel. He never stops! He got me more excited about it as well!
Then, President Richardson showed up! He was in a meeting with the stake pres and Elder Puerta. ( I think our stake might divide). But he took advantage and he had a quick interview with us about the ward, and how the Vinde A Mim program is going (its not) and helped us with that. Showed us what we could do differently to help it get going. Then he also did a personal interview with me. He is a great man. We talked about the family and all, and he explained to me the processes. That ginormous, manly man started tearing up when he was talking about the beauty of repentance. I really felt that forgiveness is real, that all of us can be forgiven of it all. All the little things, all the big things. All of it is washed away, and the Lord will remember no more. For this, Im extremely grateful. And I am so happy I am growing to understand this better and better. That was an excellent interview.
Jedi Council is every month, and goes from 10 -5ish. There are 10 zones in the mission. 194 missionaries!
Well, My time is out! Tell everyone Hi, and give an extra manly scream for my sibs at the next sports events, as well as theater. I love you all!
Elder Jake