Hey yo's!
April has indeed FLOWN by. Way fast, way fast. I am glad you got the letter from Snakezao, whatever her name is. She is pretty crazy, her room is full of pictures of missionaries! I have no idea which picture she sent you, she took a lot! [Elder Jake's dad received an email with photos from a single young female in Elder's Jake's ward.] And now you know why she has your address, and not mine :) I am learning a lot of tricks to avoid awkward situations, for example, the thumbs up acts as a nice sheild for those who like to stand too close in pictures haha. N idea who the people are in the pixs, it was taking at a ward activity!
So this week has been good. The work here is really slow because of the way the city is, being a vacation spot. But it is good, I am having fun, and we are getting moving! Conference was really good, I loved it actually. Elder Costa from the 70 spoke to us, and I really loved hearing from him. Was great.
All of our investigators that we have have problems with not being married, or something worse. So its not moving too quickly. But we found one family who is married! We taught the first lesson, and it went really well. They were very accepting, and seemed golden. So, we went back to teach them about the BOM, as we ran out of time the previous appointment. She was waitnig at the door and told us she didn't want us to come in, or to to hear the messages any more. I got her to let us in to speak real quickly, but she stood at the door, with her hand on the door, not willing to shut it. Very clear we needed to be fast. So we taught her about the BoM and invited her to read it. She said she would and would pray about it. IF she got an answer, she and her family will go to church, and later be baptized. If not, she would not come to church, and we are not welcome back. So we are fasting and just waiting til Sunday to find out... The family is so good! I hope Fancisco and Neide can pull through!
Yes, we do look super German. Everyone keeps asking us if we are twins as well! So, we are in Ala Praia Grande, it is one of 4 wards in praia grande I think. One of them is a branch. We live in the area of the branch, but we arent the missionaries there. Elder Faria and Elder Perry, who live with us are. So we have the priviledge and honor to walk to our area every day. Our area is HUGE. And we can't take the bus cause we dont have money sufficeint! So we walk a lot, and really far. So Avenida Kennedy has been in every area I've passed, I think. Haha, not sure why, but yes, from what I've heard it is from John F. I don't know my street address! I'll find out later!
The ward here seems pretty helpful. and has the craziest characters ever! The 2nd counselor, Jeff, is the number one fighter on "Street Fighter 4" XBOX live, in THE WORLD. Thats super random. Also one thing I love a ton here in Brazuil. is that you always call people by their first names. It is freaking cool. Something I'm gonna wanna keep up ;)
This area is alot diferent because it is so populated with apartment buildings, nice ones too! And a lot of them are time share, so no one lives there! which makes finding really hard.
Money to eat healthy? You're joking right? I have NO MONEY! Luckily I had saved excess from other areas where we didn't have to take the bus, but here that is not the case. I eat one meal a day, and I eat a lot. Just the lunch the members give us, cause we dont have money for others. If I remember correctly, this is the same diet as a professional sumo wrestler. One huge meal per day. But for now, I think my weight is staying the same. I ahve been running a lot with Elder Finlinson, which is freaking amazing. However, the Bishop did just give us over 100 hot dogs left over from something the other day. I am so sick of hot dogs! but I am currently health problem free. I hope...
Mother's Day call, no clue. Ill figure stuff out and let ya know! But, of course, I'm gonna wanna talk to Ross and Katie some how! I think you guys call me though.
Mom- thanks for the great letter, and for everything! I love you!
J! You passed the sacrament! That's way sweet! And camping! How was that? Have fun at outdoor school! Let me know how it goes!
W-Did you have fun at the pinewood?! I liked the pictures, your car was sweet! Also imminent is an excellent word choice, no matter what other people say! [On Sunday am, This am, A and W were playing together. Then W yells from the other room, "Mom, A's making imminent threats." S cracked up and said, "W, do you have any idea what that means?"]
Razors, slash a new razor itself. Mine broke. So a razor, with a bunch of replacement heads. They are super spendy here. Hmmm socks, not ankle one, but not crew. Inbetweeners haha, for the heat. I hate long socks with all of my heart. the lowcut socks though some times get weird looks from the ward. Peanut butter, reeses, energy bars? haha I dunno what else. I need shirts, but it may be easier to buy those here. My clothes are ridiculously huge. Mais para frente I'm gonna need another pair of shoes and garmets, but more like at one year, so no worries. Hmmm not sure
Well. love ya all!
Elder Jake