Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tranfers!

Hey Wonderful people!

Thanks for the great letters, as always, they gave me quite a nice jolt of love and enthusiasm!

So I do indeed know a lil touch about transfers. I left. I am far away from Diadema now, haha. I got tranferred to the Baixsada. (Not sure I've ever seen that word written. Might be spelled wrong. In fact I know that it is haha). Anyways, in our mission, there are three sections, ABC, Sao Paulo, and the Baixada. A lot of missionaries don't ever make it to all three, I'm entering my third today!

Anyways, a lil about my new situation . . . My new companion is Elder Finnilson, (hope thats right) from Payson Utah! He looks like Ross, kinda, or at least like we could be related. He's the same height, blond hair, blue eyes and yeah, we'll get a lot of German jokes out here. He is a way cool guy. I can already tell we are gonna be good friends. He has about eight months on the mission, and yeah, I dunno what else. Just seems way fly, and is always happy. Ever when he has dangee fever, which he currently has, haha, so we may spend a little time indoors recouperating.

But we are opening this area, or whitewashing it as it is called in the english world. I have no idea what its like, but from what I hear the ward is super good! So I am pretty pumped.
So the beach is in our area, or more, the beach IS our area haha, its right on the beach. Pria Grande. It is WAY flat, exact opposite of the ginormous hills of Diadema (the stake I was in before). This place reminds me of Kingsburg, not really sure why yet, but I feel so comfortable, so happy here already.

The drive here was about an hour and a half on the charter bus, which was AMAZING. Air conditioned, CLEAN, didn't smell bad, hahaha. And the views were amazing, some of the most beautiful views I've seen in my life. Here it isn't as beautiful as the drive, but that;s alright. I am super pumped to be here, with a new adventure ahead.

PS its hot here, where as in Diadema, I was busting out the sweater every day, it got down to a freezing 60 all day haha. I'm so weak now. That used to be perfect.

So, my last week with Elder Rocha had its ups and downs, but the last few days were really good. I saw some really big changes in him, and in me as well. But the last family home eveing we did, with Tiago and his group of friends, went really well. Elder Rocha started to cry. This is not a man that has ever shown any emotion like that at all . . . ever. I was really touched, and suddenly, everything I went through with him was worth it. He apoligized for the things he did, and said. Every bad feeling I had ever had for him vanished. It was a really great way to end a really hard two tranfers. I am really grateful for the times I had with him, as hard as they were.

Its a lot eaisier to say that now. Gotta work on that mind set more during the hard times, instead of just at the end. But hey, Im learning :)

Oh gloria. I have no time! Transfers are insane!

The chocolate eggs, of which I have eaten a ton, everyone seems to have extras, are actually pretty good. Some of them really good! They ain't German, but what can ya do. My eyes seem to be better, and my clothes are all good still, just big. And dirty, haha but I'm doin my best to take care of them!

I will have to write more next week, no time on tranfers! I gottta write dad!

Love you all!
Elder Jake!

In a brief second email, he wrote to me: I love you! I am in a really amazing mood. I am really happy out here, Mom.