Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jake's email(s) from March 30

This letter was split in multiple emails. And I felt handicapped by not having my computer. So here they are in one email. Maybe I was still stunned because our oldest son and his wife announced that they were going to be parents! I threatened Elder Jake to not use the "g-word" or I wouldn't send him any more peanut butter. Obviously, he doesn't listen very well -- never has!

Hello People!

Thanks for another great letter, Grandma! Its great to here from my mom and the wonderful insights she has to pass on to her children . . . and grandchildren!

This week has been a crazy one, that's for sure.The Lord has really been helping out a lot, and I'm really grateful for that and the prayers of all you great people!

First off, we had three baptisms! So sweet! Fabio, Thiago, and Suelen. Fabio´s wife was baptized the week we showed up, and we have been working with him ever since. He finally accepted the invitation to be baptized last week, about two hours before the baptism! Was a little rushed, but thats all good! He is a really good guy. He told me he was worried because now he had to do everything right. He didn't have excuses now. I told him that he did not have to be perfect, we haven't been asked to be perfect. We just got to do our part, and trust in the Lord.

Suelen was a gift from the Lord. One day she showed up at church. She is currently engaged to a missionary serving on the other side of the country. They dated for quite some time before his mission. But she said she finally wanted to hear the message, and we were able to teach her everything last two weeks and baptize her on Saturday as well. She was just super happy to be baptized. Just smiling and being pumped. She has a very surprising letter to write to her boyfriend this week. Hope he sits down for that one, shes never expressed intrest to him!

Thiago is a stud. He is about 26. Super great guy, has been dating slash engaged to a member for about two years. A few weeks ago I shared a message about the BoM with his girlfriend and about of other single adults with whom we ate. I had no idea he wasnt a member! But hes been STUDYING about the gospel. He had a list of questions for us. And basically, in answering his questions in that one lesson, we taught him EVERYTHING he needs to know to be baptized. That was the second lesson! He took us out to a NICE restauraunt after the baptism. He has been really a great friend to me, helping me order and stuff since I had no idea what anything was! Im used to rice and beans everyday! That man has taught ME an insane amout.

1004 - Fabio, Elder Rocha, Suelen (that's her son Jefferson), Thiago, me, and Guilerme, a ward kid who asked me to baptize him! Fly kid! He LOVED the CTR ring, Mom. Thanks!


*******

P.S. I am SO PUMPED for confernce this week! We will get to watch it in English. Organ music makes me trunky haha its a really good sign that church stuff reminds me off home (Good job, Mom and Dad!) haha sorry this letter is so weird. I'm tryin to send pictures to you guys, but its not working. Hope you liked the captions Elder Guthrie wrote up last week. I had to send them on his comp.
********
Anyways... i spoke with the elders of Alex's mission, but I haven't heard anything else yet. I am indeed planning on burning a tie. It should be great! It'll be the first day of next transfer! This transfer is only 5 weeks, instead of the normal 6 because it gets the Americans out of there a few weeks early. (Americans go home two weeks before the 2 year mark). Just cause of the visa issue.
6 months...Thats comin up fast. Crazy! Sounds like you guys are tearing up the house in a fantastic way!
I want pictures! And of the Mc house as well!
So time to go, love you all! -Elder Jake
This one didn't arrive until after the PS. I was a bit confused. Since I was on the computer, I quickly emailed him assuring I am still called MOM and asked if he meant to end the email so quickly. Below was his quick response.

*********
I love you too!! and I sent a second half, and a third, did ya get it? you guys are fantastic. Thanks for everything mom! sorry if the letter was a lil weird!