This week was grrrreat! I really enjoyed it! It was good. Let's start it out. So Tuesday, after I left the lan house, it hit me that Ross was gonna be a Dad! I couldn't stop smiling. That is so INSANE! I am going to be an uncle! There is a girl who always calls me uncle, probably cause she can't say my name. But she and I are good friends. (She's 6ish). Anyways, last Tuesday when she called me uncle, it felt REALLY wierd! Haha, this is nuts!
I told President about Ross and Katie having a kid in my interview. He was pretty excited for me! My interview with him on Wednesday was really good, I really enjoyed it, and he helped me out a ton. Helped me realize things I'm doing well, and things I can improve! I was really grateful for that. Was so pumped to get to work after that!
Well conference was amazing! I absolutely loved conference. We went to the stake center (my building) and we watched as a stake. Some people watch it on the internet, but not many people get it on TV, though some of the wealthier members do. Anyways, all the Elders from the stake went there and we had a littl party in the "Sala dos Gringos" ( the english room). We watched all 5 sessions there, they were live, we are 4 hours ahead of you guys so our preisthood session started at 9 pm! But it was way fun! It was all the Americans, a few Brazilian missionaries, and one or two members. It was a blast. I really enjoyed the talks too!
Sala dos Gringos
Saturday was a really english day. I did two divisions with Americans, one with Elder Guthrie, one with Elder Tyree. Elder Tyree and I taught english, and Elder Guthrie and I bought Subway. So good. Made my week. And then had 6 hours of english talks! It was crazy, but fun. I really liked the talks, there is definitely I difference in the way I look at conference. But I think it was Elder M Russel Ballard that said that the youth of today will lead the families and the church of tomorrow. Leading the church is one thing, but leading a family?! Thats nuts! I gotta step up my game to get ready for that! Maybe it was because of Ross and Katie that that seemed really real to me. Good thing I gotta a bit of time! Sunday was another great day of conference. Was really kinda sad when it was all over, I really loved that spirit/atmosphere. Although I was having a hard time sitting down during the last one, so its good we got to leave and get some work done!
Love those Subway sandwiches!
Well, nothing super-exciting happend this week, but I really had fun. I can see the Lord making big changes in me, and for that I am really grateful, and really excited. I am really learning how to be a better person, and I am learning how to deal with challenges and stuff. It's about time, right? But it has been a good day today. The only thing is I haven't had any time to write any letters, which is always frustrating, but maybe I can sneak one out later on tonight!
Easter! Almost forgot! Was pretty normal, no baskets or candy spread on my floor though. Most likely because of the cochroach problem. But a few sisters from the ward did give us some chocholate. Here, almost everyone gets these massive kinder-eggs with more candy onside. Its pretty fantastic. I got one! Pumped!
I think maybe my vision might be going. I have been reading a ton, way more than ever before, and I've had a head ache for a while now. But I'm just gonna pray that goes away and that its just cause I need to drink more water, which I shall do.
Mom- I love you, sorry I have been leaving out these little bits. Quote? [I had asked for a quote I often said for an event later this month.] You have said a lot of really wonderful things, and helped me a lot. For me, you have always been there. The words I don't remember, but the fact that you were there, and I could talk to you. I will never forget. I will never forget some of the hugs you gave me. Those hugs, perfectly timed, did more than any amount of words could ever do. I will think more about a specific quote and let you know next week!
S - You are in the musical! Congrats! Thats way sweet! I will try to get to your email from last week, but as always, I'm rushed. Maybe I'm just a really slow typer. I dunno, I gotta fix this problem somehow...
J! Happy Birthday! How the heck are you? You are 12! You are gettin the preisthood! That is super excitng bro, you are going to dominate as a deacon. You will be an excellent deacon. What did you do for the birthday? Get anything sweet? Thanks for being such a great buddy! Did you like conference? I was looking for you guys, but I didn't see you! You gettin any bigger? How's the piano coming? What else you up to?
A - nice prank :) haha that is kinda funny! How is school? How is life? Thanks for being a great sister! You are cool [A's April 1st trick - On April 1st, after W went to bed, he came back spitting mad hollering that Ella (the cat) peed on his dalmation pillow. Five minutes, he is hollering, "that's not funny, A!". She had poured some water on W's pillow as a trick! After getting A to understand that she wasn't to do that again, I told it was a pretty fuuny prank!]
W- Thanks for picking up the slack with the clean-up eating. It's an important job, and someone has to do it! [W must be in a growth spurt. Though small, he is eating tons of food, even finishing S' dinner when we went out to eat.] Thanks for the sweet missionary plaque! Hope you hung it up in the church! I'd fix your spelling, but I dont remember. My English students taught me how to spell the word "15" the other day. And I already forgot! haha I'm losin it! And the sad part is I never had it...
W- Thanks for picking up the slack with the clean-up eating. It's an important job, and someone has to do it! [W must be in a growth spurt. Though small, he is eating tons of food, even finishing S' dinner when we went out to eat.] Thanks for the sweet missionary plaque! Hope you hung it up in the church! I'd fix your spelling, but I dont remember. My English students taught me how to spell the word "15" the other day. And I already forgot! haha I'm losin it! And the sad part is I never had it...
He made it because the official one hadn't been ordered last Fall.
Ross and Katie- Congradulations again! I absolutely want to help pick the names. Ive got some good ones. Bolt, for a guy or girl. Or Zamuel, could call em Z. But were you guys sweating bullets when all they talked about was the importance of families at confernce? Or are you guys already completely prepared for that? I am a bit nervous for that moment in my life, and it is way, way down the road!
D- Hey, thank you so much for that letter! That letter got me through some really rough days. Sorry I haven't been writing as much as I should. I have been super busy, but you should get a letter any day now, and you got another on the way! I'm getting better at making time for letters, usually because of mad multi-tasking skills! So they will be coming more frequently from now on. The advice you give is priceless, just remember I am super grateful for all you taught me slash are still teaching me! but I'll write about that more in the next letter! 1 2 3 4!
Well, I love you all! Thanks for the great letters! Im gonna send some photos now!
-Elder Jake