Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prepared

Dear Friends and family!

Well, I guess "the news" from D will come in a future letter, which I have not yet received! I'll proly get it tomorrow in interviews. I'm guessing she's engaged.

Two months ago in the temple, I felt the strong impression that I should stop writing D. I wasn't really sure why, but I thought it was because she wasn't the one I was supposed to marry, that I should just let her go and not worry about it. I haven't been able to get a letter out to her yet, but looks like now my letter will be a lil different! If you had told me this would have happened a few months ago, I dont think I would have imagined how excited I am for her right now. I can honestly say I'm happy for her. And what a lucky guy, haha. Hope he's not super lame... ;) And I hope the Mc family doensn't think they got rid of me because of that lil detail. Its not that easy!

It amazing me how massive and amazing the plan of the Lord is. He's good! I am reminded again how important it is to trust in him, even when you don't know why he does things, or tells you things, even when its a hard thing to do, like stop writing one of your best friends.

Well, to answer some questions about my residence. The house is super small. Its really low as well. I hit my head one the door of our room if I'm not careful, and the shower head is super small, hits just above the chin. I thought I already told you this, but I feel like Buddy the Elf in this house! Its pretty far away from everything, but its a cozy lil place. Can't complain, super easy to clean. There isnt hot tap water in any place Ive ever seen in Brasil, but the shower is hot. And we got ourselves a nice washing machine to wash our clothes out front. And our new neighboors love to talk to us, and give us hugs, haha!

Thanks for the message from Sis Perez! And Ally is 18?! Seriously?! Crazy... to me shes still 16...

Halloween isn't celebrated on this date, or really at all.

Alessandra is super strong! We are really excited for her baptism, as is she, and the ward!

The Primary program was great, nothiong out of the ordinary, just a few talks that were insanely good. Ridiculously well written and delivered.

The struggles I feel as a missionary lately come from the fact that the calling is great, and the servant is weak. I feel pretty under qualified, and I am put with companions who are well-qualified, and at times I feel impatient with myself. But I have been praying and working towards humble confidence. I feel like I'm on a teeter-totter, trying to balance myself in the middle. When one sides down, Im egotistical, when the others down, insecure. I've realized this week how similar the two are. The both come from thinking to much about yourself, and not enough about others. I'm going to work beter on that, one of my goals. Finding that balance by looking to others.

This week we did a division with the Assistances. (I can't spell anything anymore.) But it was really fun, and I really enjoyed myself. I was with Elder Poffo, who is brazilian. It was a great experience. I learned the most though from the Spirit. I took a lot of notes on what the Spirit was teaching me. There were so many things which the spirit made so clear to me, which before I never really understood. I dont have time to share them today, but maybve next week!

J! Hang in there, home-schooling is kinda hard at times. But, it'll be worth it. Just keep working hard! How did you like football? Seems like you just started!

A-way to tear up! Keep working hard, and get those grades up! Im proud!

W- way to help out a brother from another mother. Jose. Solid name. I know about 10,778 people with that name. The best way to help any group of people is by pulling up one person at a time. way to be a great friend.

Mom-thanks for the great letter! Thanks for everything, and for the prayers. This week has been much better than the previous weeks, and I know a large part of it is because of the prayers you and Dad have said! Send D a hug, and C, too, haha and the rest of the fam!

Love you all, way overtime :) Have a great week!

love, Elder Jake