Friday, February 12, 2010

Emergency Tranfers

Feb. 9, 2010

Hey!

Well, it has been a busy week! First off, big stuff. I got transferred today! It was an emergency transfer because of the 17 americans who showed up today. Elder Alves will train one of them. So I got moved to Diadema, not that far off, a good 30-40 min. on the bus. Its in a differnet section of the mission (there are three). This one is Sao Paulo.

I'm was pretty sad about that. I loved that last area. I really loved the people there, and we were really starting to move things there! We just set up a sweet system for divisions with the ward members, and we were workin with Construction. And our investigators were finally clicking. And I loved Elder Alves. (And yes, yoda heads do come from that area.) We worked super well together, and really had a blast with the work! It was really hard to leave that place. I'm thinking about having Dad call Messias, the construction guy/ best ward mission leader ever. He is super cool. A great example to me!

My new comp is Elder Rouza. He is definitely a ton different than Elder Alves. I don't know anything about him, but it should be good. We are living with the ZLs, one American, and one Brazilian. Should be fun, never lived with four in all my vast experience on the mission.

Will hopefully get someone to run with! However, Elder Alves and I solved this problem. We decided to run to appointments to make more. IT was AMAZING. He thought it was hilarious because I was always so happy after. Its a super good workout to run in a church clothes, especially the shoes, in 90+ Brazilian, when youre fasting.

Reguarding water, we all have water bottles with filters. Super nice. We can drink anywhere. All the missionaries get them they show up. Its just hard, and also weird o use them during meals. They find it a little rude, I think. But thank you! You can send me peanut butter instead ;)

Thats sweet about Dad and Jeremy going to attend General Priesthood session in Utah. All the people here are all super amazed when you tell them you've seen the prophet, heard his voice, shook his hand. That really is a blessing.

Thats sad about that truck! [It leaks water into the cab making it a bit swampy.] Fix it! I was just telling my friends about that truck the other day.

We have zone conference next Tuesday. P'day will be on monday! Ill see if I got any packages then. Thanks for sending them! Also, I got the letters from the kids and Dad yesterday, was really good to read them, thank you!

I learned quite a bit of good construction vocab, and even burned my hand moving cutting a nice bit of steal. I love construction ;) [While Elder Jake loves construction, he tends to be a bit accident-prone. Getting some type of injury is not unusual.]

Davi and his mother came to church on Sunday! We showed up to get them as usual, and they were all ready and dressed. Lookin snazzy. I almost cried. I was so happy! I poured so much into those two, it was wonderful to see them improving. What made the difference was that we told them we could get a ride for them when Davi had his physical therapy this week. Its amazing how much a little service will do.And they both loved church! LOVED it. They were raving about it. And Davi even participated in Sunday School, Which was combined with every one over 12! There were a ton of people, but he was comfortable putting in his two cents. Such a good day.

Today, I went to say good bye. And I invited him to be baptized sunday. He will. I am super excited for him. He really wants to be a missionary.

Sounds like the family is doing great! Thank you for everything and for filling me in on your lives! I'm in a hurry, I still got my stack of bags here. Going to the apartment now.

Love ya! BYE!