Hey!
That seems like it was a very busy week! I am sure it would have been great to be there, but I really would rather be here, sorry Katie! The pictures were great! Ward has a nice beard going on. I was tryin to figure out which of our modern prophets was strangling Cody. Lorenzo Snow? Brigham? Who knows.
Hey Dad! I read the conference talk about fathers and sons the other day and I was once again reminded how great of a father you were, and obviously still are! Real quickly, I was wondering if you could give me some advice on humility? Something I see a lot of missionaries struggle with, and as I start to get a hold of things here, something I'm really scared of. I want to be humble, I really do. And I think you are very good at this. Any advice?
How is work going? And the High Council? Let me know what else you are up to! Keep up the missionary work. Seems like you are doing great things!
Mom, I'm glad you were able to teach that marrriage class. That is really important! The gospel really has all the answers. I've seen how it has changed Fransico and Helena here. And even if it was just two couples.
My companion said he doesn't like makin contacts because he made tons last tranfer, and it only led to two baptisms. "Only two. baptisms." I about smacked him! Haha every person is really important, something I have really come to know!
Speaking of companions, I got a new one! Elder dos Reis was made zone leader, down by the beach. He was an awesome companion, more than I probably gave him credit for in these letters haha. But he will be missed, I really liked working with him, despite my complaints. I really learned to look past stuff. I expected him to be perfect, and was annoyed when he wasn't. But we can't be perfect. So I can't expect that. I'm learning better than ever to love uncoditionally, and not worry about faults. This is good for me. But above all, Elder dos Reis was a real good companion, and I'm lookin forward to takin what he told me and tryin to improve lil by lil!
American music is playin again haha. I hear more here than I did before my mission. Its always playin. Jason Mraz. I'm tryin not to like it too much ;) Also Coca Cola, and soda. I hardly ever drank it before the mish, rarely! Never Coca Cola, and for quite awhile haven't drunk any soda. But here that's all we drink except when I'm home. That's all anyone ever offers, and you can't ask for water for two reasons. One, it's too dirty to drink. Two, they get mad. I know! I've had soda so much! But I drink so much!
I am stayin here in Sao Bernardo, Rudge Ramos, with my new comp. Elder Alves de Souza. Super cool guy. his first tranfer as senior, and he is excited to work hard. He's kinda weird, and looks a bit like Yoda, but Im excited. He said his favorite thing is to do contacts - Elder Dos Reis least favorite, so I'm excited to do more of that. Really pumped that the Lord puts us together to help us where we need it!
I'm glad you got to see D, and I'm pumped shes doing great. I gotta run, but life here is good. I got to Baptize Cicêra last Sunday! Was quite suprised when she asked me! Three weeks in a row, shootin for four! But we are going go teach!
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us. He gave us these bodies, and during football, I could really realize how marvelous of a gift that is. And whatever success I had in high school, was all because of my loving Heavenly Father. I know he lives, and that his son, Jesus Christ lives. And that his restored gospel is on the earth today. And that brings me more joy that I could ever get any where else. Even from football. I know how much joy this gospel brings me, and how this gospel, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, has changed so many lives here. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is true, the true church of Christ. I will always be greatful for the knowlegde of that.
ByeLove, Elder Jake!
S, I'll write you next week, sorry! Love you, too!