Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Return trip to the Internet Cafe

Hello again people.

For some reason we are back in internet for today. Not sure why. My comp wasn't too clear, but hey! I'm okay with that!

Today was really good, and I really enjoyed it! Sorry if my first letter was a downer today, I was a bit overwhelmed before, and as usual, I felt great afterwards.

We went bowling today! That was cool. Also, I had my first English contact since I got to Brazil! Some guy stopped me in the streets, being the only American amoung a load of Brazilian missionaries. He spoke pretty good English, suprisingly, and wanted to know where the church was and if we gave English lessons. This was an excellent question I have asked many times! Turns out we don't, but I talked to the ZLs and we might get that set up!

One of the other elders in our district is American, even though he doesn't look it. He wasn't there today for some reason, but I guess I might be able to teach English with him sometime soon. I hope so. I really love teaching English. It makes me feel better and I get to express myself without getting a headache ;) haha

So I don't speak Portuguese on Pdays any more, trying to help my comp. I trulylove that, and I learn quite a bit of Portuguese as he figures stuff out. Today we have FHE with Fransisco and Helena.

And tomorrow! Tomorrow we are FINALLY playing soccer. I am gonna get worked since I have zero skill with the sport. But I found if I scream and run at people, that is an effective more for me. Haven't tried it in soccer yet. But I am just excited to move! (I have never been more restless than I am now! There us so much to do and we spend so much time sitting!) Its with the ward, there are quite a few investigators going, and members as well.

Also tomorrow is the blitz teaching of Gustavo. We will teach him three lessons, and then have his interview for Sunday, pumped! On of our other investagators is Rafial (spelled that wrong). I contacted him and his friends on the street one day. He is 19 and is super fly. We taught him the first lesson and he loved it! He was totally down for baptism, after he prayed to know for sure. He has/hadproblems with family. His mom was yellin some words at us that I don't yet know (I wonder why . . . ) when we were talkin to him, so we taught him in the house of the ward missionary. This young man hasn't had it easy, and he was lookin for this. Definitely prepared by the Lord.

Well, I'm off! See ya! Thanks for everything! It's raining again, just like everyday this week! I love it, reminds me of good ol' Oregon. My comp doesn't love it, haha, but that's too bad. The only down side is it is hard to whistle in the rain. So I just stick to singing. But I do that all the time anyways. Been loving those hymns.

My comp is still going. I thought he was done, so I'll just type til he stops . . .

McDonalds here is not that great, maybe worse than back home! haha! All the Brazilians assume I love the place, but it was an experience.

OH! Last Wednesday we went to the federal police! We had to do visa stuff, and almost all my friends from the MTC were there, even those servin in other missions (except Cuiba). That was amazing, my whole district is here except one elder, poor guy, and pretty much everyone else from our floor is here! It was super cool to see them all again, and talk about the work. Such great people. I love 'em to death. One of my friends from the MTC is companions with Ben, my roommate from college! I haven't seen Ben yet, but I am excited. That was such a cool day. Took forever, but it was worth it. We all have Brazilian companions, I think, except two. And it is so cool to see how much we, and especially I have learned since i got here. Also, a lot of missionaries tell us that our district has reallly good Portuguese, better than a lot of missionaries who come from Sao Paulo MTC. That was wonderful to hear for sure. Also makes me feel a ton better about that promise I gave my district. I think it was a promise of God, but kinda like that one group of saints who marched a long ways and then turned around, it wasn't suppoesed to happen. But it absolutely prepared us for this. That was a blessing. Truly an answer to prayers. And turns out almost all of us came the week that was promised. It is cool and amazing to see how the Lord works.

Man, he is still going. What if he is waiting for me like I am for him? I'll ask. . . Nope.

Pictures - I will down load my camera next week. Don't have that many pictures, but I got a billion on my camera from who knows when. I read the rules more carefully today and it just says don't email anyone except on myldsmail, more or less. (Its in Portuguese). So I think I can use snapfish, and when I see president next, I will ask him more specifically. Don't think he'll have a problem. Ill try and take more this week, but its hard, because I have to be careful doing it when we are prosiliting. (Botched that word.)

I have found that the Brazilians seem to be a bit happier than the Americans. A lot of the Americans seem to be dead. haha really strange. Quite grateful that is not me, and that my disrtict is super optimistic, almost to a fault ;)

He's done bye!

Love you all!