Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Storm

What a week! A snow storm canceled church on Sunday giving us a wonderful family day. With the cold weather, the temperatures didn't allow any mealting so school were canceled due to icy roads on Monday and Tuesday. Once you hit the main roads you were okay; but the side streets, including ours, made it difficult driving.

I had appointments spread throughout the week, which have slowly been canceled. On Monday, I needed to get out of the neighborhood so I ran to the post office (to mail a packet to a client) and get copies for our Christmas letter.

The road conditions this morning are good. The little boys and I drove Clarissa to the airport at 5:30 am. However school was canceled once again because of a snow/ice storm due in by mid-day. So we are snuggled in the house today. In fact, when we got back from the airport, I went back to bed to read and sleep a little more. I have been busy juggling so many things, it feels like my body is in overdrive and needs to settle down.

We had been watching the weather reports and worrying about the predicted storm coming in at the time Jake and friend Adam were planning on driving home. Yesterday morning, Garn said, "I have a crazy idea. What do you think about my driving to get the boys?" (Its a good thing he likes to drive.) Garn would take our Honda Pilot which has After looking at the weather reports, I suggested he drive to Boise and meet the boys there.

Because of the storm coming in, Garn along with Serena and Autumn, left last night so they could beat the storm arriving today. Hopefully, it will be favorable conditions by the time they come.