Hey Everyone!
Everything is going well here in bucuresti. I don't know what all to say about life. It's going and pretty well at that. I don't think you understand how little desire I have to sit down and write an email(when I know I'll be talking to you in about 2 weeks), but because I love you so much I'll do it anyways.
First of all, I should clear up that I am not in a threesome. I'm not sure where the confusion came from on Sister McKinlay's end, maybe because there are 3 elders going home in two weeks or when he was talking about his most recent companion, who is now in a three-man companionship(with Elders Rigby and Bringhurst). They are in Sector 2, which is the other side, they meet at the Mihai Bravu chapel. Sector 1, the one I'm in, is the richest sector in Buch. It has the least amount of blocs and is nicer than other sectors. Though that is still not saying a whole lot, it's still crowed, dirty and ugly. . Our big investigators right now are three; Daniela, Ela and Iulian. We had a couple of lessons with Daniela and Ela and they are doing pretty well. They still have a lot to learn, but they are quality investigators. Daniela is the more serious one, she feels the Spirit really strongly and was crying during the fast and testimony meeting. She has expressed a desire to get baptized soon, though she doesn't have a date yet.
Someone that does have a date is Iulian. He was talking to the zone leaders after church. To explain a little, our church is at 9am, the others are at 11am, including the zone leaders. Iulian showed up late so he went to their branch. So they talked to him afterwards, we had already left, and they were talking about baptism, asked him when he wanted to do it and he said Sunday. It sounds good to us, he's not 100% prepared right now, but I think if we can meet with him 3-4 times this week it will be ok. So we'll see, we may have a baptism on Sunday. That'd be pretty exciting!
There are a lot of Christmas activities being planned, but none of them have taken place yet. I'm not sure exactly what, but I'll tell you as they happen. Next Monday we have a missionary Christmas party. It will consist of two zones and then the next day we'll have zone conference. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to write you like normal that Monday, though. The one after that, probably not. Weird to think that I write probably one more email.
Oh, something exciting I did this week was that I met with President Lundberg and I got my temple recommend renewed! I am really anxious to go back again and feel the great Spirit that is there. Yeah, the 26th sounds great. As soon as possible.
Ok, I don't have much to say. Things are going good here, hopefully have some baptisms and/or people lined up for baptism. I'm always so happy for people that make this step, because it means so many blessings and good changes in their lives. It's also great to say amazing members that live the Gospel how they are supposed to. We have a lot of those in this branch(along with a lot of less strong members but I'm sure they're growing). The branch president is a cool guy, the branch mission leader is incredible and a couple others.
I almost forgot to say!...Yesterday and the day before was a Single Adult conference. It was awesome, because I got to see members from Timisoara, Iasi and Moldova. It made my day. I was super happy to meet them and to talk to them a little. They came to our branch yesterday and it was inspiring to me to hear their testimonies. Things like that make a mission very rewarding.
For real now, I'm saying goodbye. I hope you have a great week. Much love to all!
--Elder Ross