For weeks, even months, our family has been waiting for this day . . .at least we hope its this day that Ross comes home. Its been a nail-biter wondering if the Portland weather will cooperate and allow his plane to fly in.
We have had a slam of snow and ice storms for the past 11 days. It was supposed to be warmer by now . . . I have monitored the Atlanta flight Ross is taking today. On Sunday night, it was diverted to Boise, then landed four hours late - in the early morning hours. Yesterday's flight was canceled. Many prayers have been said, not only for our missionary but for all the holiday travelers who are having their holiday plans altered.
Before I went to bed last night, I checked on his original flight out of Romania. I couldn't go to sleep until I knew he was in the air - the plane left 115 minutes late. Yikes! We think he made his Paris connection.
Now for the final leg of his journey, the flight has been delayed, first for 30, then 50 minutes. They should be lifting off momentarily - fingers crossed.
What a crazy adventure - and yet we are so grateful for Ross' service. We know it has blessed him as well as his family.