This is an email Ross' Grandma sent this week. We thought it deserved posting.
Dear Elder RossHappy,
Happy belated birthday! I was think about you last Monday--could you feel it?
I remember talking to your Mom in the labor room a few times as she prepared to bring forth my first grandchild! I remember feeling very poignant as I empathized with the daughter who made me a mom for the first time as she got ready to deliver the first child that would make her a mom! I saw you just a few days later and you were delightful, and charming, of course. What else could a grandchild of mine be??
We bonded when she would bring you to me in the middle of the night to hold you while she tried to get some needed rest. You really were a good baby!
And so the years have flown by--what a great missionary you are--I read you letters to your Granddad every week--he too rejoices in your experiences and spiritual growth. He often gets all choked up with you recounting some of the special experiences you have had. I can believe you are less than a month from returning home. We had originally planned for Granddad at least be be there for your "welcome back" talk--we'll have to hear about it at another time. How about coming down here and giving it to us in person??
Anyway--we sure love you and are proud of you and the work you have accomplished in Romania. I understand that you are in Bucharest for the remainder of your mission. Hope you will be ready to recount all the experiences you have there and relay them to us.
Your "belated" card and gift will be in Oregon waiting for you--I think you will be able to use it.
Keep the faith and do some good every day.
Love Grandma and Grandad J.