[Ross was on the far western end of Romania and has been transferred to the eastern end.]
Hey Everyone!!
I'm sure you're all excited for the big news and I have no doubt your lives have stopped this last week, because of all the anticipation! Well, to start I am in Iasi, where Katie just left from! Lol, pretty much all the members and missionaries know who she is.
And...I went senior. I don't really know what President was thinking on that one, but we'll see what happens I guess. The worst part is we got white washed in! Ugh. So neither of us know anyone or even how to get anywhere.But we've been doing well so far and it turns out my setting apart blessing was right, because I'm doing pretty well with the language. Like I spoke pretty well when I left Timisoara, but I think I speak even better here in Iasi, just because the Lord is helping me more and he qualifies those he calls. I'm excited for this transfer but kind of scared that I won't do well enough and live up to expectations. I went from a zone that was kind of dead to a zone that is on fire and a lot is expected out here. I've got to step it up a little.
My companion is Elder Platt and he's in his 2nd transfer now. He came from Galati and was actually one of the missionaries that got jumped and beaten up a little(nothing serious)out there. He's from Provo, Utah and still, everyone single one of my companions has been from Utah. Crazy, huh? He is a cool guy, but being only in his 2nd transfer not used to the language yet. I'm sure he'll progress a lot in this transfer. We'll see. Elder Magleby is my district leader out here and he is a way cool guy. I'm way glad he's as chill and laid back as he is, because it balances the intensity of this zone. He has a boboc this transfer, who seems really cool, too.
The branch seems to be doing really well and there are a lot of activities. Oh, there is a senior couple in this city and they are way nice and really do a good job. A lot of senior couples overstep their boundaries and try to run things, but the Wrights seem to do things right. So, we have FHE every monday night, Outreach Wednesday and Thursday, Sport Night every Saturday, a branch activity in there somewhere and English classes Tuesday and Saturday. It's pretty crazy, way more than in Timisoara, but it's really good. I've only had a lesson with a few members so far, Fratele Pitulan, the 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency. He's a solid guy, with a great testimony and is willing to help out the missionaries with whatever. Sora Cristina, got baptized in May, and her son, Narcis, got baptized last week! They're very strong members. Ciprian, a less active who I think is coming around because of the great example his 13 year old sister is for him. And Florin. He is so cool! I already like him a ton. He made some big mistakes I guess and is being watched by the disciplinary council or something, but he has made a firm decision to come around and partake of the atonement of Jesus Christ. He is really doing well and is doing all the things it takes to become a regular member again. It'll be awesome watching him progress! But I've met a lot of other members,too. Mihai, a 19 year old who is getting his mission call soon. That's pretty exciting. Sora Stoica, Petru, Sora Anton, and probably others I'm forgetting right now. It's been pretty rough coming in not knowing anyone, but I can tell I am going to fall in love with these people.
A quick update on some other people. Elder Jepsen is now in Bucharest as a District Leader. Sora Harrison surprisingly didn't go senior, but did go to Constanta and opened that city up for sisters. They haven't had sisters in Constanta for a good while now, so that was a pretty big deal. And Elder Selck is back to District Leader, but he's in Chisinau in Molova, so that's way exciting. Zone conference is actually in Chisinau this transfer, yay! We got our passports at transfer meeting and I guess we might be spending our P-day up there, too. I'm really excited for that.
Oh, I forgot to tell you about our investigators. We've met with Nicu already. He's about 40 years old (i'm horrible at guessing ages) and he is ready to be baptized! He has a solid testimony and has seen so many blessings in his life since he found the church. He knows for sure that it is true and is just waiting for his wife to get back from Italy. Over the phone, she was able to tell there was a change in him(she's been gone a few months, I think..) and she wants to come to church now to see what it's like. He's waiting until then to tell her he wants to get baptized. She should be back in a week or two so we are probably getting a baptism this transfer! Pretty exciting. Then there's Ionut, a 17 year old. He is also ready for baptism but his parents are against it. We'll have to see what we can do. Then there's Mihai, I haven't seen him yet. I guess he's losing interest. And then a couple who I haven't met yet and really don't know much about.
Well, everyone, I think that is the full update. Please ask questions if you have them. It's good to hear that all of you are doing so well. Dad and Mom are both working hard and having fun. J's dominating football and pretty soon, school too, right? ; ) S just had a sweet beach trip and now looks like a lobster. E, A and W are all playing soccer. Yay! I love soccer! That's actually what we did for sport night. It was super fun and I pretty much dominated, lol, with a few goals and a billion assists.
I love you guys! Thanks so much for all of your support and prayers. I hope you all have a great day and I can't wait to hear from you next week! And you'll find out how my first full week as senior went(gulp). Jk, it'll be great. I love you!
--Elder Ross