Ross wrote the following in a letter to his friend dated August 6 -
Oh, I totally forgot to tell my parents about this in my email. I gave my first blessing in Romanian! It was for Sora Elizabeta, the same who is the first one I saw baptized. Crazy, huh? Anyway, she was really sick and had been at the hospital a lot. She actually thought she might die really soon, so it was a pretty intense situation to give a blessing in, lol. But I did and I did ok, too. Mostly, I just felt so good after giving it, seriously one of the best feelings ever. Then we checked back in on her the next day and she said ever since the blessing she's felt way better and a lot of her pain stopped. It was a super cool experience. Man, helping others, especially with the priesthood, is incredible!"