Monday, July 9, 2007

In Bucharest - waiting for new companion

Hey Everyone!!!

It's been a crazy week and especially the last couple of days. Guess what??! I'm not in Timisoara right now! On Saturday morning President Ashby called us and informed us of what is happening with transfer calls. Normally we find out Monday morning then head to Bucharest Tuesday night. We found that Elder Garrett is going to be an Office Elder(and will be the rest of his mission, he only has 3 transfers left) and that we needed to be there Sunday night, meaning taking a train Saturday night and that I am staying in Timisoara for another transfer. I'm happy, I love that city and especially the people there. That also means you can send me mail there still...L....hint, hint. So Saturday was super busy getting Elder Garrett packed, buying train tickets and having a full day of lessons on top of that.

We got here in Buch Sunday morning and went to Elder Carroll and Elder Water's apartment to shower. Then we went to church, which was fun. The branch was bigger than the one in Timisoara. Oh man, and this gypsy kid was there who's not all there if you know what I mean. Anyway, he was super entranced by me. I don't really know why. He just kept calling me a monster and saying I'm huge and feeling my arm. Lol,it was super weird. He just kept saying that word, monster, over and over again. It was odd.

Then after church, us and a bunch of missionaries from here all went to a member's house for lunch. It was really good. Then Elder Waters(he's in my MTC group) and I had an exchange. We went to a member's house and gave her the sacrament(she only has 1 leg) and taught her the plan of salvation. Not bad, huh? Two elders who have been in the country only 4 months teaching the plan of salvation. Then we went to an investigator's house and talked with her for a while. Overall it was a really good exchange. I really liked being able to speak more and have an equal part in teaching, because we're both at the same level. It was awesome.

So then today, P-day, Elder Garrett and I had to be at the office at 8am. He had a meeting with the other office elders, President and the AP's. I was pretty bored and read a whole little quote book while I was waiting. Well, after that meeting they put Elder Garrett to work and so I was stuck in the office for like 3 more hours. So I helped the Facers(the office senior couple) with putting together supply boxes and getting stuff ready for the missionaries that are going home. Finally, Elder Garrett and I got out, lol. I really hope I never go in the office, I couldn't take it. We met up with a bunch of other missionaries, played some pool, got some food, then the office elders picked up Elder Garrett and took him away. I'm in a threesome with Elder Waters and Elder Carroll for the next couple days until transfer meeting. I can't wait to find out who my new companion is! In my district, Elder Woodhouse is staying and Sora Harrison and me. The three of us will have been together for 4 transfers! Craziness. It's a good thing they are awesome and I love both of them. I'm really excited for this next transfer. It will be awesome! Well, there is the long update on me.

I got grandma's email last week and I'll send her a letter at transfer meeting. I didn't have time to get to the one for Craig and his family done, because I thought I had Sunday and Monday to write letters. Same thing with a letter for Katie P so if you could let those people know that would be great. Oh, and L's letter is going to be sent late this week, beacue I don't get back to Timisoara until Thursday and so I'll probably send it Friday. Just a heads up!

Ok, a few romanian words for you. Tata - father, Mama - mother, frate(pronounced like frappe but with a t) - brother, sora - sister, frate nebun - crazy brother. Grandpa - bunic. Grandma - bunica. And S, the best word for false is neadevarat (nay-ah-day-vuh-raht) which is just the negative of adevarat or true.

Wow, Mom, sounds like your business is crazy busy! Especially with the new possibility.! That is really exciting. And J, congratulations ahead of time on your eagle court of honor. I wish I was there to sit in the eagle's nest with you. Thanks for email, E. I burned a tie for my 6 month mark and talked about that a bit in my tape I sent you guys last week. And, I am having a great summer. Thanks for asking, bud! And thank you, S, for your email. That was really nice to get. Seriously.

Well, today's been a crazy day and it's not over yet. I better bounce. Have a fantastic week and don't let the suspense of my next companion keep you from sleeping, lol. Just kidding. I love you all!

--Elder Ross