Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th!

Hey All!

Things are going really out here and this last week a lot of cool things have happened. Also, in exactly one week transfer calls come and we find out who leaves this beautiful city and who stays. Actually, the other companionship of elders and the sisters will already be in Bucharest. The elders because Elder Jaynes is "dying," it's his last transfer and the sisters because Sora Beck lost her wallet and ID so she has to talk to the police in Buch. So Elder Garrett and I get the transfer call all by ourselves and next P-day we will be the only missionaries in the city. Crazy, huh?

So last Thursday, we as a district, went to the opera house and watched a play. It's American, I think, it's called Barrymore but it was translated. And....it was pretty bad, lol. We left in the middle of it. The opera house itself is really cool, though.

Then Saturday, we had another branch activity. We had sandwiches, like the stuff all spread out and then people made their own. After that we had a pie eating contest, which I'm sad to say, I lost at. But then we had bobbing for apples and I did really good there. I got mine faster than anyone else and didn't even have to dunk my head to get it. What can I say, I have a huge mouth. : ) Then we went to a park and played water balloon volleyball. It was fun, but it was hard for a lot of the Romanians to figure out how to toss it well and so we ran out of balloons after like 20 minutes. It was a really fun activity, even though there were only about 20 people there.

Speaking of not very many people, church attendance was pretty poor yesterday. And there were only 4 investigators total and two of them showed up during the 2nd hour. Concediu is beginning. Usually sometime during the summer people take a month long vacation and I guess that's starting up now.

I got two letters in the mail this week! One from Dad, W and J(I think it was those 3) and one from Craig and Sam. It was super cool to get those and I will write Georgia gang back. And hopefully I will send you guys a tape today or tomorrow, whenever I finish it. Hopefully sometime soon.

Yeah, my health is perfect. That medicine was just a waste of money : (. but yeah, I know you are supposed to finish antibiotics and I did. Really, it was nothing (don't worry, i wasn't downplaying it, L:) ). I'm 100% healthy. Actually, probably 110% healthy, that's how good I'm doing. And ripped! Workouts are going well : )

I thought my mission prep notes ended up in a box in the attic. If they're not there then don't worry about it. But one thing I do need is a pair of shorts. I tried to find a pair here, but they are at the cheapest $70. Ridiculous, huh! So athletic shorts, Nike would be nice and only like $20. Have J pick them out.

No, I didn't pick my topic but it wasn't too hard. There are lots of amazing women in my life! They're pretty much the best. Lots of examples of being faithful daughters of God. Thanks!

I started a couple new endeavors with my studies this week. I'm going to read the Bible straight through(that will definitely take a while, I'm in Genesis 30- something) and I'm going to read Jesus the Christ. And of course, continue reading the Book of Mormon in Romanian. Yeah, so I'm pretty excited about those.

We had a lesson with Gabriella last night, which went really well. She talks so much like a member, it's crazy, in a good way of course. Anyway, she said something really funny. She asked us if we walk around together all the time and of course, we're like yeah, we're always together. Then, she said she doesn't believe us, and we were like, ok, why? Lol, she said I'm way more tan than Elder Garrett and so it's not possible. It was pretty funny and I laughed.

Well, all of you wonderful people in my family, I'm not going to respond to a lot of what you said, because I need something to say on the tape. I hope you the most wonderful week ever and thanks for all of your prayers. I love you all!

--Elder Ross