Hey All!
This last week was kind of exciting, thought it went pretty slow. Guess what the average temperature has been the last several days....110! Nuts, huh? I am constantly sweating and feeling really gross, lol. It's the worst in my apartment, because it is really humid in there. We have one fan and got permission to get another one, but there aren't any left in the city to buy! Lame! Well, I will continue to endure and enjoy every minute of my freezing cold showers.
Dang! That is nuts, I had no idea Brandon was so close to the end of his mission! How far behind is Peter? Man, that is so wild! I'm sure they have served very honorable missions and they have been a huge example to me. I think that is great that Grandma and Grandpa have that desire to serve a third mission. I know if they get to go, they will be fantastic!
Well, a lot of this last week has been spent getting ready for English. We got 6000 fliers Wednesday afternoon and between the 6 of us in Timsoara had to get them all out by Friday night when we had sign-ups. It was intense. The entire day Thursday, Elder Jepsen and I were out in that 110 degree weather passing out fliers. In the end we got out only about 5000 fliers and then sign-ups bombed, too. The biggest problem is the heat, no one was outside in that kind of temperature and only 53 people signed up. Last time we had about 160! So probably there will only be one companionship teaching english and it will probably be Elder Jepsen and me.
Oh, I guess you're probably wondering why I didnt' write yesterday. We had zone conference up in Arad and so we have P day today. Zone conference was really good! I love learning how I can be a better missionary and help others accept the gospel. It was combined with another zone and so Elder Selck(my trainer/dad) was there. It was really good to see him and talk with him. I'm lucky I had a chance to serve with him. A lot of the conference was on how to work better through members and we received standards of excellence that we need to strive to meet, that really make us change our focus and concentrate on the members a lot more. I'm way pumped now and ready to see what good we can cause!
Wow, sounds like the reunion was amazing! Thanks for the massive update mom, it took like 20 minutes to read! lol, I am jealous that I missed it. Sounds like a lot of great things: seeing everyone, fishing, touring family sites, talent show, lots of food and just being together as family! Next time, though. : )
I hope the bar exam went well for Aaron. I bet that would be way stressful.
Hey, L, I got a letter from yesterday! It's sooo good, thank you so much! Smelled good, too
S, thanks a ton for your email. Sounds like you were pretty tired, lol. I probably won't even recognize your cat when I come home. If the little kids thought she grew after a week, imagine after two years! I'm glad you had so much fun. Keep enjoying the summer, you've got school coming up!
Well, all, I'm signing out now. I'm going to try to put some pictures on snapfish. Hope you like them. I love you all!
--Elder Ross
p.s. funny comment from zone conference:elder canfield walked up to me and said, "you are one big, ripped man." lol, i thought that was super funny...true , too, lol