Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wed., Jan. 24, 2007

On Saturday, Jer went to get the mail. Garn told him to bring back a letter from Ross. (The last one had just come on Wednesday, a week after his p-day.) I told Jer I would give him a big kiss if he brought a letter back. That wasn't much motivation for an 8-year-old boy. When he brought back the mail, he held something behind his back. He was hoping to escape the "reward" but didn't! I am a bit slow getting the letter posted.

Dear Family,
I haven't gotten letters so I'll just tell what I've been up to since I don't have anything to respond to. [We mail his letters on Monday so he probably received ours right after he wrote this.]
Oh man, the hardest part for me has been getting good sleep. It usually takes me a while to fall asleep. I think the biggest problem is that dinner is at 4:30! Ridiculous, I know. And so, I'm not used to my stomach being so empty and so I wake up feeling sick. Hopefully, I get used to this schedule. [We took pity on him and sent a box with snacks.]
Wow, last time we did service, I had to clean toilets. It's a dreaded job but I did it. It's amazing how many 19-year-men "men" don't know how to flush!
The Spirit here has been great. I can feel the Lord working in me and making me to be a greater instrument. This is a place where I am really happy and I know this is where I'm supposed to be.
The Romanian district ahead of us left on Monday! I'm way excited for them and I'm sure they're doing great. Oh, and remember how I said my district had 17 people and was the largest district ever? [He had never told us this but now we know.] Now there are 18 of us! Elder Williams was going to Romania as a Russian-speaking missionary. Now his call has been changed [to Romanian-speaking, I assume] and he has changed into our district. Crazy, huh?
Well, it has been great here. I'm changing a lot. Not my personality, don't worry, but my faith and knowledge and trust in the Lord. The Referral Center is an awesome experience and the only real missionary work we get to do here. I've sent out lots of missionaries so hopefully people let them in and accept their great message.
How is everyone? What is everyone working on? Keep in touch!
Love, Elder L
PS There were so many people in the temple this morning! I love the temple so much, it's the highlight of my week.