Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Letter to Seminary Class

This letter is to the Freshman Seminary class. The class had written letters to missionaries the first week in January.

Sister Hawkins and her Seminary class,
It was great to get your letters. Missionaries are always very excited to get mail. It was great to hear that you are studying about missionary work. You can never start too early; especially focus on your scripture mastery. It is so helpful to know where certain verses are. I wish I had done better on memorizing those.
For all those of you thinking of going on a mission (which should be all of the guys, at least), really focus on Preach My Gospel. If you know that book, you are ready to go out int he mission It is the outline of everything you do and teach.
I was calling people, making confirmation calls, to people who ordered stuff from the church, and I talked with a Mormon mom whose son called in. She said (he is about the same age as you), he had already handed out about six Book of Mormons and gave out Pass Along cards everywhere he went, like the grocery store. Realize that each one of you has been given something so special, the path to our Father in Heaven and a great plan of happiness. Try to be like this boy and share your blessings. I know you will have success.
Thanks again and don't breeze through life, make something happen!
Elder Ross L